Groups

TV DVD player Help needed

Evening.... i got myself the other week a new Toshiba Regza 37XV635DB. Everything was fine until today, but now every time i power off using the remote control the dvd player turns on. Likewise when turning the tv back on (if dvd is off) it will also turn the dvd player on again. Any ideas what has happened.

Thanks, if anyone can answer this.

8 Comments

Top right of remote - put that switch back to the top and not on the REGZA-LINK setting :thumbsup:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41l4q32Tz3L._SS400_.jpg

tightasagnatschu;6919158

Top right of remote - put that switch back to the top and not on the … Top right of remote - put that switch back to the top and not on the REGZA-LINK setting :thumbsup:

+1

Original Poster

You mean top left?

I have it on the tv setting, not the link setting.

I have only just noticed that my dvd player is an older toshiba player, maybe they work on the same signal or something.

scoff;6919418

You mean top left?I have it on the tv setting, not the link setting.I … You mean top left?I have it on the tv setting, not the link setting.I have only just noticed that my dvd player is an older toshiba player, maybe they work on the same signal or something.

I was meaning from the back pedant lol

Yes if the REGZA-LINK switch is not on, check the TV's REGZA-LINK settings in the menu.
    If no joy then the remotes probably do just operate on the same frequencies.

Original Poster

I have just checked everything and still no luck, but many thankjs for the help

i guess it must be on the same frequencie

Banned

scoff;6920184

I have just checked everything and still no luck, but many thankjs for … I have just checked everything and still no luck, but many thankjs for the help i guess it must be on the same frequencie

not if it has only started doing it today :thinking:

csiman;6923121

not if it has only started doing it today :thinking:

You never know - maybe the DVD remote and a couple of DVD cases were in front of the IR receiver until then

Banned

tightasagnatschu;6925326

You never know - maybe the DVD remote and a couple of DVD cases were in … You never know - maybe the DVD remote and a couple of DVD cases were in front of the IR receiver until then

lol

as a workaround I'd just stick a post it note over the IR receiver and remove it when actually playing the dvd :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best Wi-Fi extender33
      2. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?22
      3. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22
      4. sky q is it a good deal?55

See more discussions