Groups

TV Extra

Hi, does anyone know anything about becoming a tv extra. I've googled and there seems to be lots of agencies who require payment for registering, seems a bit dubious!
    Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

10 Comments

Where are you based, I work for ITV in Manchester and can recommend you companies to use and avoid if you want.

Original Poster

nwressell;6896502

Where are you based, I work for ITV in Manchester and can recommend you … Where are you based, I work for ITV in Manchester and can recommend you companies to use and avoid if you want.

based in the midlands, thanks anyway

Banned

Lilly_White;6896510

based in the midlands, thanks anyway

surely you need to be flexible with your travelling? Manchester isnt that far.

Original Poster

csiman;6896518

surely you need to be flexible with your travelling? Manchester isnt that … surely you need to be flexible with your travelling? Manchester isnt that far.

Its for my teenage son, manchester is 2 hours drive away!

Lilly_White;6896531

What dramas & soaps are you looking for him to Extra on?

Around this area you have Emmerdale, Coronation Street & Hollyoaks are the main soaps then all the dramas that are filmed around Manchester and Lancashire area for teh BBC and ITV would be worth concidering.

Lilly_White;6896531

2hrs?
    i used to travel to west mids (walsall) most weekends from north wales and only took me 2 hrs

Banned

Lilly_White;6896531

no offence, but he's hardly likely to go down very well at an agency when he states he is only available for working in the midlands. :thinking:

Staggered that you have turned down an offer of assistance from someone who works for ITV!

Original Poster

nwressell;6896542

What dramas & soaps are you looking for him to Extra on?Around this area … What dramas & soaps are you looking for him to Extra on?Around this area you have Emmerdale, Coronation Street & Hollyoaks are the main soaps then all the dramas that are filmed around Manchester and Lancashire area for teh BBC and ITV would be worth concidering.

Yes you have a point, i have pmd you

I will reply to your PM shortly, with the info you require.

Bare in mind a lot of the work will be based around Lancashire and Yorkshire.

I am not fully aware of many if any shows which use extras in your area but it doesn't mean there isnt any.

Original Poster

nwressell;6896590

I will reply to your PM shortly, with the info you require.Bare in mind a … I will reply to your PM shortly, with the info you require.Bare in mind a lot of the work will be based around Lancashire and Yorkshire.I am not fully aware of many if any shows which use extras in your area but it doesn't mean there isnt any.

It may actually be worth the travelling, and it will be interesting for him, we have family up 'norf' greatly appreciate your advice:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheer me up please?1444
      2. Walker crisps78
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767537
      4. Heads-Up / Reminder - How to avoid using PayPal's own conversion rates :{33

See more discussions