TV for bedroom

Posted 14th Sep
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the best solution for putting a tv in my bedroom; ready for the cold dark nights. The wall it can go on is only 71cm wide so I think a 32 inch is max. I can't find one thin enough, they all seem quite deep and so would come quite far out into the room. Has anyone got any recommendations for a thin 32 inch tv, or maybe a monitor with speakers and a remote.

I'm considering a projector but would prefer a tv if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Considering you don't make clear what thickness is acceptable & why something going on a wall can't be thick(ish) IE what limitations there may be beyond diagonal..i'll leave you to it & GOOGLE

In the meantime, this was quite normal for a 1980's bedroom, so context may help you get the answers you want.
38462385-8UwyD.jpg
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 14th Sep
I only have around 30-40cm between the end of my bed and the wall, standard thickness seems to be around 9cm. It's a bit awkward to get past if it sticks to far from the wall. I was basically wondering whether anyone knew offhand of a particularly thin 32 inch tv. I have searched a lot and so far come up blank. I understand it is a first world problem, but just looking for some advise.
bigfoot10014/09/2019 18:58

I only have around 30-40cm between the end of my bed and the wall, …I only have around 30-40cm between the end of my bed and the wall, standard thickness seems to be around 9cm. It's a bit awkward to get past if it sticks to far from the wall. I was basically wondering whether anyone knew offhand of a particularly thin 32 inch tv. I have searched a lot and so far come up blank. I understand it is a first world problem, but just looking for some advise.

What you need is a bed with a built in TV - yes you can use google to search for these but here is one example for you
dreams.co.uk/seo…307
tardytortoise14/09/2019 19:17

What you need is a bed with a built in TV - yes you can use google to …What you need is a bed with a built in TV - yes you can use google to search for these but here is one example for youhttps://www.dreams.co.uk/seoul-upholstered-32--led-tv-bed-frame/p/251-00307

That'll be thicker than a TV on a wall mount, assuming he has a divan base or similar at the moment.

I only have around 30-40cm between the end of my bed and the wall, …I only have around 30-40cm between the end of my bed and the wall, standard thickness seems to be around 9cm. It's a bit awkward to get past if it sticks to far from the wall. I was basically wondering whether anyone knew offhand of a particularly thin 32 inch tv. I have searched a lot and so far come up blank. I understand it is a first world problem, but just looking for some advise.

Can you not mount the TV on the ceiling instead?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 14th Sep

Motorised flip-down TV mount from ceiling. Job done. amazon.co.uk/Ele…TRW
EndlessWaves14/09/2019 19:37

That'll be thicker than a TV on a wall mount, assuming he has a divan base …That'll be thicker than a TV on a wall mount, assuming he has a divan base or similar at the moment.

Surely, his bedroom is longer than this bed?
  • B - Length 224cm 88inch

A standard bed is 190cm in length which when added to the 30cm to 40cm he says he has spare means this bed should fit.

But my real point was to stop thinking about a wall mounted TV and think more laterally! There will be some very clever extendible bracket thingy which allows the TV to be mounted to the wall above bed height and lowered and brought forward when required.
dreams.co.uk/ale…157
Got me this in oatmeal, delivered on Monday and its already discontinued in a superking in this colour.
Due to my room layout it was either a tv bed or flip down from the roof, the boss wasn't keen on a flip down

All nice n neat when lowered into the frame
Forget about that measly 32 inch, you will strain your eyes. Just mount a 65 inch on the ceiling above your pillow, that way you can enjoy your cinima experience whilst lying flat on your back.
What about mounting on a side wall as opposed to the end of the bed. Use a bi - fold wall mount and you can fold the TV against the side wall when not in use, and pull it out when you want to use it. Like this
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 14th Sep
Attach the TV on the wall at the top of the bed and place a mirror on the wall at the bottom.
jat247414/09/2019 21:39

Forget about that measly 32 inch, you will strain your eyes. Just mount a …Forget about that measly 32 inch, you will strain your eyes. Just mount a 65 inch on the ceiling above your pillow, that way you can enjoy your cinima experience whilst lying flat on your back.

Ringfinger14/09/2019 21:48

What about mounting on a side wall as opposed to the end of the bed. Use a …What about mounting on a side wall as opposed to the end of the bed. Use a bi - fold wall mount and you can fold the TV against the side wall when not in use, and pull it out when you want to use it. Like this

No I've got it. How about the OP gets rid of his bed entirely, get's a 55" tv and mounts it set in to the floor, and then sleeps on a hammock suspended from the ceiling?

Ok, so assuming its a small bedroom that is squeezed for space.

Fit a tilt bracket higher up the wall to raise the height & likely eliminate the problem / from any inadvertent damage being so close maybe.
Thanks all for the suggestions, I think mounting higher up/on the ceiling will probably work the best.
NB I have one set up like that on a vogel tilt & extend unit in much the same manner & have never scratched the screen thus.

Ceiling mount is just daft. ..& problematic
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants