TV for bright room?

Posted 19th May
I'm looking for a new TV around 65" up to £1000 but have a very bright room, would anyone have any recommendations? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Switch the lights off and get a good pair of curtains.

You're welcome
13 Comments
Switch the lights off and get a good pair of curtains.

You're welcome
mogsog19/05/2020 09:09

Switch the lights off and get a good pair of curtains. You're welcome

I did try a sleep mask to block out the light, for some reason it didn't work that well
Just paid £1200 for a 65" Sony. Outstanding 4K picture but NOT with the reflections from a bright daytime window reflection perspective.

Best enjoyed in the evening and night time, or with blinds shut..

Shame I work nights but I do have nights off.
Edited by: "TheBiker" 19th May
They say LG tv's are good for bright rooms.
Ukguy10119/05/2020 09:41

Do they, who said that?
TheBiker19/05/2020 09:26

Just paid £1200 for a 65" Sony. Outstanding 4K picture but NOT with the …Just paid £1200 for a 65" Sony. Outstanding 4K picture but NOT with the reflections from a bright daytime window reflection perspective.Best enjoyed in the evening and night time, or with blinds shut..Shame I work nights but I do have nights off.

The XG95?

Rtings actually measured the XG85 to be better for the amount of light it reflected, although also dimmer. They're Canadian and models do differ around the world, particularly mid-range models, so don' take their figures as guaranteed.

The XG85 is a decent bet though, Sony do tend to make their 85 models pretty rounded for normal bright room viewing.
EndlessWaves19/05/2020 11:14

The XG95? Rtings actually measured the XG85 to be better for the amount of …The XG95? Rtings actually measured the XG85 to be better for the amount of light it reflected, although also dimmer. They're Canadian and models do differ around the world, particularly mid-range models, so don' take their figures as guaranteed.The XG85 is a decent bet though, Sony do tend to make their 85 models pretty rounded for normal bright room viewing.

So I was wrong but still believe the XG95 to to better especially for its android responsiveness.
Edited by: "TheBiker" 19th May
TheBiker19/05/2020 11:17

Is that an OLED Sony TV - Different animal.

No, Sony's OLEDs have the letter A in the model name such as AG9, X is the 4K LCDs.
EndlessWaves19/05/2020 11:22

No, Sony's OLEDs have the letter A in the model name such as AG9, X is the …No, Sony's OLEDs have the letter A in the model name such as AG9, X is the 4K LCDs.

See above.
Ukguy10119/05/2020 09:41

I bought a LG 65" um7400 in December for £560 and it's in a brightish front room, we are very pleased with the picture, we do get the odd bit of glare because we have it on the wall opposite a large window but it's pretty good
Honestly mogsog isn't wrong. I get sun or glare In living room too directly where TV is on wall.

Even if I close blinds it doesn't help much.

You can't outshine the sun so close curtains too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions