Groups

TV for people with low IQs says Michael Parkinson

Banned
    Can't say his show was the height of cerebral endeavor, but it was interesting. Link below.

40 Comments

Banned

He needs to stop forcing his opinion on everything on people.

He's a boring bitter old fart.

vibeone;5255963

He needs to stop forcing his opinion on everything on people.He's a … He needs to stop forcing his opinion on everything on people.He's a boring bitter old fart.

But what about Parkinson?

Banned

smidav;5255975

'boom tish'

Original Poster Banned

vibeone;5255963

He needs to stop forcing his opinion on everything on people.He's a … He needs to stop forcing his opinion on everything on people.He's a boring bitter old fart.

He isn't forcing an opinion on anyone. He's stating an opinion. You don't have to adopt that as your own, you don't have to agree.

I happen to think he's not that wrong though.

EDIT - he's not saying all tv is, just certain types of programmes.

some of what he says does make sense,however its a bit rich to have milked tv for millions during his career and now he has retired bite the hand that fed him.

tv has an off button for a reason-dont like it,dont watch it-end of. dont need parky to tell me that some tv programmes are for the lowest common denominator-we can all work that out for ourselves methinks.

Well he's not wrong is he, but then tv tends to cater for the lowest common denominator.

BRB, watching Bottom......

So basically hes saying some people have lower iq's than others and respond to different levels of stimulation......, [SIZE="4"]wow big revelation[/SIZE] :?

smidav;5255975

LMFAO just noticed that....funniest thing on here for ages :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

kungfu;5256070

So basically hes saying some people have lower iq's than others and … So basically hes saying some people have lower iq's than others and respond to different levels of stimulation

The fact that you put that it's a 'big revelation' indicates that it may have been true for while which validates the point he's trying to make about why it's changing now.:thumbsup:

So hes basically saying that the people who watched his shows were numptys

Original Poster Banned

dandoc2;5256145

So hes basically saying that the people who watched his shows were numptys

No. He discusses certain shows in the article.

FilthAndFurry;5256127

The fact that you put that it's a 'big revelation' indicates that it may … The fact that you put that it's a 'big revelation' indicates that it may have been true for while which validates the point he's trying to make about why it's changing now.:thumbsup:

of course its true, some people have lower iq's and like less challenging things wow big deal, there really is no controversy here mate, keep reading for some better bait :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

kungfu;5256158

of course its true, some people have lower iq's and like less challenging … of course its true, some people have lower iq's and like less challenging things wow big deal, there really is no controversy here mate, keep reading for some better bait :thumbsup:

You've just repeated your previous point, completely missing the bit about why it's changing now. Why things like the South Bank Show are being taken off the air and not replaced whilst the shows he mention are actually growing.

Why aren't we trying to heighten the level of debate and tv in this country?

vibeone;5255963

Maybe someone cant think for themselves and thus has to adopt their opinion as they dont have their own

FilthAndFurry;5256003

He isn't forcing an opinion on anyone. He's stating an opinion. You don't … He isn't forcing an opinion on anyone. He's stating an opinion. You don't have to adopt that as your own, you don't have to agree.I happen to think he's not that wrong though.EDIT - he's not saying all tv is, just certain types of programmes.

Exactly, and some shows are stupid...however does that stop even people with a higher IQ watching them? No...we dont all want to be constantly mentally stimulated!

kungfu;5256070

So basically hes saying some people have lower iq's than others and … So basically hes saying some people have lower iq's than others and respond to different levels of stimulation......, [SIZE="4"]wow big revelation[/SIZE] :?

Agreed...not exactly new idea is it!

FilthAndFurry;5256153

No. He discusses certain shows in the article.

exactly its more precise then just all tv...otherwise could be a little contradictive!

FilthAndFurry;5256224

You've just repeated your previous point, completely missing the bit … You've just repeated your previous point, completely missing the bit about why it's changing now. Why things like the South Bank Show are being taken off the air and not replaced whilst the shows he mention are actually growing.Why aren't we trying to heighten the level of debate and tv in this country?

there is like 300 channels out there with any form of show you want , switch over

Banned

Dunno how true it is, but someone once told me that kids attending grammar or private schools often get better exam results. Amaising, huh!

Isnt it about time Parky died?

Original Poster Banned

kungfu;5256241

there is like 300 channels out there with any form of show you want , … there is like 300 channels out there with any form of show you want , switch over

There's still a huge bias towards BBC and ITV which, as I'm sure you're aware, have public service remits to adhere to.

guv;5256254

Dunno how true it is, but someone once told me that kids attending … Dunno how true it is, but someone once told me that kids attending grammar or private schools often get better exam results. Amaising, huh!

True, which makes one wonder why neither party is pushing for more grammar schools, but that's a different debate. Nice point though and we'll try and maybe get a thread for that too. Just write down any more good ideas that pop into that head:thumbsup:

DKLS;5256256

Isnt it about time Parky died?

Why?...He is still well respected and far more entertaining than many of the moron's that are so called TV Presenter's now.

Isn't it about time that every household in the UK wasn't forced to buy a TV licence?

Inactive;5256387

Why?...He is still well respected and far more entertaining than many of … Why?...He is still well respected and far more entertaining than many of the moron's that are so called TV Presenter's now.

Parkys got a point in the way he should of said TV's full of mind numbing garbage, that doesn't make you think. But as its popular some people must be watching it.:thumbsup:

Like Soaps I'd rather watch paint dry but I know a lot of people can't leave without more drama.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5256290

True, which makes one wonder why neither party is pushing for more … True, which makes one wonder why neither party is pushing for more grammar schools, but that's a different debate. Nice point though and we'll try and maybe get a thread for that too. Just write down any more good ideas that pop into that head:thumbsup:

Sky subscribers have more money than sense.

People who don't go top the Polling station, can't complain when the BNP get in by 1 vote.

Hows those for starters?

Original Poster Banned

guv;5256418

Sky subscribers have more money than sense. People who don't go top the … Sky subscribers have more money than sense. People who don't go top the Polling station, can't complain when the BNP get in by 1 vote.Hows those for starters?

point 1 - that can be said for anyone who spends money on a service that could be deemed unnecessary. Personally I think it's worth it.

point 2 - absolutely right. And when the BNP get in by 1 vote in an election I'm able to vote in I shall stop complaining.

The bnp were invited to attend Englands World Cup bid launch event...
    uk.news.yahoo.com/21/…tml

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5256452

point 1 - that can be said for anyone who spends money on a service that … point 1 - that can be said for anyone who spends money on a service that could be deemed unnecessary. Personally I think it's worth it..

I don't. Not when I can get better programming for the stuff I want to watch for nothing.

point 2 - absolutely right. And when the BNP get in by 1 vote in an … point 2 - absolutely right. And when the BNP get in by 1 vote in an election I'm able to vote in I shall stop complaining.

No, I think you'll be complaining even more!

guv;5256497

I don't. Not when I can get better programming for the stuff I want to … I don't. Not when I can get better programming for the stuff I want to watch for nothing.

Don't you pay for a TV licence then?

FilthAndFurry;5256452

point 2 - absolutely right. And when the BNP get in by 1 vote in an … point 2 - absolutely right. And when the BNP get in by 1 vote in an election I'm able to vote in I shall stop complaining.

good, you should stop complaining cos then your job will be safe from all them foreign types

kungfu;5256516

good, you should stop complaining cos then your job will be safe from all … good, you should stop complaining cos then your job will be safe from all them foreign types

BNP FTW

Joke:oops:

Banned

Shambolic;5256510

Don't you pay for a TV licence then?

What has a TV license got to do with it?

guv;5256587

What has a TV license got to do with it?

It means you ain't watching it for nothing, as you stated, you are paying to watch it, are you not?

FilthAndFurry;5256224

You've just repeated your previous point, completely missing the bit … You've just repeated your previous point, completely missing the bit about why it's changing now. Why things like the South Bank Show are being taken off the air and not replaced whilst the shows he mention are actually growing.Why aren't we trying to heighten the level of debate and tv in this country?

Well, it looks like you are, but no-one else is interested! People don't want to watch high brow tv and then debate about it, they just want to relax in front of the box and not have to think all the time. They probably did enough of that at work.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5256003

He isn't forcing an opinion on anyone. He's stating an opinion. You don't … He isn't forcing an opinion on anyone. He's stating an opinion. You don't have to adopt that as your own, you don't have to agree.I happen to think he's not that wrong though.EDIT - he's not saying all tv is, just certain types of programmes.

Well seemingly he is.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on this particular point, its just Parkinson seems to be the latest ex-celeb to think we give a stuff what he thinks on ANYTHING media related.

Paul Gamberchini is another who needs to learn when to stop mouthing off about anything and everything.

good job he's got sky plus and can just watch what he wants,

maddogb;5256745

Lol, good point maddog. :thumbsup: And a very valid point which applies to absolutely everyone. (obviously if you don't have Sky plus, then use the on/off button)

Banned

maddogb;5256745

and an over 60's plan that will hopefully be put to good use soon enough.

Banned

couldnt stand his show, couldnt stand him, glad hes ******ed off.

Original Poster Banned

guv;5256497

I don't. Not when I can get better programming for the stuff I want to … I don't. Not when I can get better programming for the stuff I want to watch for nothing.No, I think you'll be complaining even more!

But the money to make those programmes has to come from somewhere. Some might say that it was short-sighted purely to take and not give.

FilthAndFurry;5257559

But the money to make those programmes has to come from somewhere. Some … But the money to make those programmes has to come from somewhere. Some might say that it was short-sighted purely to take and not give.

hence the drop in viewing figures, hence the drop in advertising revenues, hence the axing of the south bank show, hence parkys whining ergo it's all guvs fault

I'd have to agree with him.

That's why I rarely watch TV, mostly crap.

Original Poster Banned

maddogb;5257640

hence the drop in viewing figures, hence the drop in advertising … hence the drop in viewing figures, hence the drop in advertising revenues, hence the axing of the south bank show, hence parkys whining ergo it's all guvs fault

Hang him:viking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1320
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764456
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846249
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48310863

See more discussions