Tv/ freeview and sky advice

Hi all,

We have recently switched to digital in our area and i have purchased a freeview box. We have sky in our lounge which you can watch all around the house but you can only change the channel from the lounge.

Now that i have a freeview box, i have to plug my tv ariel into the box and it also has a scart lead which it appears on my AV1 channel. The problem is I can now only get sky when i remove my tv ariel from the freeview box and add it back into my tv.

Any advice on what i can do or buy so i won't need to switching over the tv ariel?

Thank you

6 Comments

Doesn't the freeview box have an rf loop to connect a coax lead from the freeview box to your tv?

That's what you need anyway... a freeview box with an aerial in & aerial out or a 2-way signal splitter behind your tv with one cable going to the tv & one to the freeview box.

Painkiller;5414293

Doesn't the freeview box have an rf loop to connect a coax lead from the … Doesn't the freeview box have an rf loop to connect a coax lead from the freeview box to your tv?That's what you need anyway... a freeview box with an aerial in & aerial out or a 2-way signal splitter behind your tv with one cable going to the tv & one to the freeview box.

+1

Splitters are only cheap but i'm yet to come across a freeview box that doesn't have an RF loopthrough

Original Poster

Painkiller;5414293

Doesn't the freeview box have an rf loop to connect a coax lead from the … Doesn't the freeview box have an rf loop to connect a coax lead from the freeview box to your tv?That's what you need anyway... a freeview box with an aerial in & aerial out or a 2-way signal splitter behind your tv with one cable going to the tv & one to the freeview box.

Where the ariel is plugged into on the freeview box it says ant. in and next to it there is a socket that says tv out. so would i just need to run an ariel from this up to the tv?

pingusbrother;5414344

Where the ariel is plugged into on the freeview box it says ant. in and … Where the ariel is plugged into on the freeview box it says ant. in and next to it there is a socket that says tv out. so would i just need to run an ariel from this up to the tv?

Yes :thumbsup:

Original Poster

RedIron;5414351

Yes :thumbsup:

ahh brill!! i'll have to pop out and pick one up tomorrow

Original Poster

Thank you both for your help and rep left accordingly

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Ebid over Ebay22
  2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999
  3. Better watch out for these...915
  4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846088

See more discussions