Tv help.

Posted 27th Jul
Someone please advise on this it’s driving me up the wall.
Trying to retune an old tv that has freeview as the channels have stopped showing.
But the remote isn’t working. Hasn’t been for
Sometime. I’ve got as far as I can using the buttons on the side of the tv to get through the menu screens. I’ve got to channel scan —> OK, but the next step says to press the green button to start the scan, but I can’t. Tried the volume buttons channel buttons on side of tv but nothing works. Surely there must be something to press or double press that acts like a shortcut than using the green button? Any ideas?(embarrassed)

Model: bush lt22m1cwa
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Can you not buy a one for all remote for around a tenner.
Two workaround suggestions: check operation of remote via new batteries in correct orientation and check IR output directly via smartphone camera.
Obtain Sky remote. Attempt to program to Bush TV, possibly code 2134.
Have you tried new batteries in the remote (and also cleaning the contacts)?
Broxy27/07/2020 19:38

Can you not buy a one for all remote for around a tenner.

Are these guaranteed to work?
speedemon27/07/2020 20:09

Are these guaranteed to work?

Not if the TVs IR receiver is busted.
try downloading a mobile phone app TV remote if your phone has IR function
adamderak27/07/2020 20:11

try downloading a mobile phone app TV remote if your phone has IR function

It’s not a smartTV though. Would the app still work? Tv is from approx 2007
speedemon27/07/2020 20:12

Does your phone (or one you have access to) have IR output capability? The TV is too dumb to know if the IR targetted at it is coming from a remote or a phone.
Haircut_10027/07/2020 20:04

Have you tried new batteries in the remote (and also cleaning the …Have you tried new batteries in the remote (and also cleaning the contacts)?

Batteries might work. We are both Genius!
The only buttons that work on the remote are 1,4,7. No other buttons work. So batteries are fine.
speedemon27/07/2020 20:24

The only buttons that work on the remote are 1,4,7. No other buttons work. …The only buttons that work on the remote are 1,4,7. No other buttons work. So batteries are fine.

It doesnt work that way. Many times we have had duff batteries where only a couple of buttons work. Some buttons need more power than others.

My 2 pence worth.
Could the back of the remote keys be worn out? The coating that allows them to make the contact?

If that’s the case you can buy ‘paint’ to repair them
Edited by: "Diggsy" 27th Jul
Willy_Wonka27/07/2020 20:26

It doesnt work that way. Many times we have had duff batteries where only …It doesnt work that way. Many times we have had duff batteries where only a couple of buttons work. Some buttons need more power than others. My 2 pence worth.

I’ve tried two different sets of batteries. Same result. I’ll try cleaning the contacts as someone mentioned although I thought this might not make a difference?
Diggsy27/07/2020 20:27

Could the back of the remote keys be worn out? The coating that allows …Could the back of the remote keys be worn out? The coating that allows them to make the contact?If that’s the case you can buy ‘paint’ to repair them

No screws to open and check. Unit looks sealed
speedemon27/07/2020 20:12

Doesn't need to be smart TV as long as phone has IR then it could work
speedemon27/07/2020 20:28

No screws to open and check. Unit looks sealed

Is there a screw in the battery area? Usually one screw in there then prise them open along the seam in the plastic
I googled bush remote reset. A you tube video showed up showing a Samsung remote but people have reported the method works with other remotes too. Try it out.
Diggsy27/07/2020 20:27

Could the back of the remote keys be worn out? The coating that allows …Could the back of the remote keys be worn out? The coating that allows them to make the contact?If that’s the case you can buy ‘paint’ to repair them

As mentioned here the most probably once you'll open the remote you're going to find some liquid (organic) matter.
It seems it is worth trying to open it as you have nothing to lose. I suggest using an old credit card or any sharp plastic edge, not like in this example. If the job is done properly, the result could be as brand as new.
Do not rub the graphite pads instead press them against a napkin. For the PCB use isopropyl alcohol or if nothing else, deionized water.
Edited by: "TobyZ" 27th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text