Found 3rd Jun 2008
OK so i want a new TV.. which is confusing for me
i dont have any HD consoles, channels (i have only got freeview and thats al i need) or blu ray dvd players etc
so is there any point in me getting a 1080 tv.
i was going to get the toshiba 32xv303 from tesco £550

but i might as well get this digitaldirect.co.uk/pro…890
as it is bigger and not 1080 so its better value.

am i right or does the toshiba upscale all the images to hd already or is it 1080 jst for the hd channels etc

5 Comments

I'm in the same position and have been looking at ]this plasma. Its slightly better that the 2nd one you suggested but also the best you can get for not much money. A lot of people say it makes no difference between 1080i and 1080p if the screen is less than 50" (but there is some debate about this). I am personally going to save the money and go for the 720 HD ready TV above.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

720is fine untill you get sky+ or ps3 or x360, otherwise correct

Original Poster

RickyBobby;2235721

I'm in the same position and have been looking at ]this plasma. Its … I'm in the same position and have been looking at ]this plasma. Its slightly better that the 2nd one you suggested but also the best you can get for not much money. A lot of people say it makes no difference between 1080i and 1080p if the screen is less than 50" (but there is some debate about this). I am personally going to save the money and go for the 720 HD ready TV above.Hope that helps :thumbsup:

digitaldirect.co.uk/pro…611

seems cheaper here
thanks for the help

If you dont have HD Freview then you dont really need a 1080 t.v.

DavidEmm;2235875

http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=15611seems cheaper herethanks for the help

Good find! Only posted the S&V link because I want to get it price-matched at John Lewis for the free 5 year warranty.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974
    4. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…11
    5. Misco about to go into administration913

See more discussions