Groups

tv licence fee to be frozen for 6 years !!!!

some good news then

20 Comments

Jolly good

it should be abolished and advertise funded

thats bad news as they will just recycle all the rubbish they show now for the next 6 years !

richp

thats bad news as they will just recycle all the rubbish they show now … thats bad news as they will just recycle all the rubbish they show now for the next 6 years !

like now you mean (_;)

Banned

pinkleponkle

it should be abolished and advertise funded

No it shouldn't.

If you have Sky your TV license should be included.

FilthAndFurry

No it shouldn't.

+1

There is enough advertised channels and they do not even attempt to cater to all tastes but rather the lowest common denominator

Great I can watch telly but in all probability i won't have job after tomorrows cuts
    Great News

Banned

should be reduced if anything, but not abolished imo

Banned

roryk83

+1There is enough advertised channels and they do not even attempt to … +1There is enough advertised channels and they do not even attempt to cater to all tastes but rather the lowest common denominator

+2. I don't watch much UK tv but the vast majority of what I do is on BBC. The last thing we need is every channel to be wall to wall reality tv. I also use the bbc website regulary, and watch bbc news. Sky news is ok, but its so biased its unreal. Happy to pay the fee for what I do use.

Oh just as well....we won't be able to afford to go out...just have to stay in and watch telly

shauneco

If you have Sky your TV license should be included.

Sky would just raise their prices even more in that case.

richp

thats bad news as they will just recycle all the rubbish they show now … thats bad news as they will just recycle all the rubbish they show now for the next 6 years !

And that's different to the last 6 years how ?

a lot of people on this thread seem stupid

im with rory, colin and filth, shouldnt even be frozen imo

joeprosho

a lot of people on this thread seem stupid

Welcome to the thread

lol

I think for people on a very stretched or limited budget this is welcome news. Ever increasing bills that are not easily avoided are a major stress on many families.
    But there is another side to this.
    With my own viewing patterns I notice that I tend to watch mainly BBC or Channel 4 by choice.
    Personally I believe the standard of programmes are higher on these stations. Of course thare is an element of public funding for both of these. So I guess a reduction of income for these channels will have a degree of affect on the programmes that are aired in future.

I think it is necessary to say that ever increasing costs need to be challenged but I am glad that we, at present, have an alternative to the likes of the sky empire and similar setups.

WoolyM

I think it is necessary to say that ever increasing costs need to be … I think it is necessary to say that ever increasing costs need to be challenged but I am glad that we, at present, have an alternative to the likes of the sky empire and similar setups.

Agreed, Sky will be over the moon about this, probably had some influence in the decision, the evil Murdoch Empire would dearly love to control us all from it's office in New York.

The BBC is still the best broadcaster in the world.

Inactive

Agreed, Sky will be over the moon about this, probably had some influence … Agreed, Sky will be over the moon about this, probably had some influence in the decision, the evil Murdoch Empire would dearly love to control us all from it's office in New York.

Cant help thinking similar. Whilst the goverment mantra seems to be that its the unions that fund the labour party, its the likes of Murdoch that fund the tories.

WoolyM

Cant help thinking similar. Whilst the goverment mantra seems to be that … Cant help thinking similar. Whilst the goverment mantra seems to be that its the unions that fund the labour party, its the likes of Murdoch that fund the tories.

Not only fund, but Murdoch also dominates this government, MP's are scared to upset him.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GTX 1070 went out and old card won't work either.11
      2. Good Sim only deals??57
      3. Digital ps4 games22
      4. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER45

See more discussions