Tv Licence not needed if you do the following......just thought I would pass this on

Found 16th Mar 2013
The law states that you need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record television programmes, on any device, as they're being shown on TV. This includes TVs, computers, mobile phones, games consoles, digital boxes and Blu-ray/DVD/VHS recorders.
You don't need a licence if you don't use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch ‘catch up’ services like BBC iPlayer or 4oD.

TO THOSE THAT PAY THE FEE.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

I don't - so thanks for paying for me.

I can't live without BBC iPlayer!
- ewwaxo
Community Updates
74 Comments
Original Poster
Original Poster
I only use my TV catch Up and Playing 360. So I thought it was worth passing on.

Original Poster
In all cases, we may need a couple of minutes of your time
As it is our duty to ensure that everyone in the UK who needs a licence has one, we may visit your address to check that no licence is required. It's unfortunately necessary to do this, as when we make contact on these visits, almost one in five people are found to need a TV Licence. Please be assured that this is a routine visit, and will take no more than a few minutes. If we find during the visit that you do in fact need a licence, you'll need to pay the full licence fee, and you could risk prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000.
We do not watch live tv so do not pay for a licence. But while at work the tv licencing guy came around threatening my other half and she paid him on the spot. Criminals.
At last... Another tv license thread!
Thought all that was pretty obvious really.
I actually don't have a tv but an LED projector I would be very hard to catch as I must have curtains closed to watch. Unfortunately my wife is a huge chicken: -)
Banned
pat915m

I actually don't have a tv but an LED projector I would be very hard to … I actually don't have a tv but an LED projector I would be very hard to catch as I must have curtains closed to watch. Unfortunately my wife is a huge chicken: -)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8pBtwxra6_g/SsVxv8fpmoI/AAAAAAAAJZY/4m7K0VIMmVs/s640/huge+chicken+speedcat+hollydale.jpg

???
Hugh Jass!

I only use my TV catch Up and Playing 360. So I thought it was worth … I only use my TV catch Up and Playing 360. So I thought it was worth passing on.

TVCatchup is a 'as live' service so requires a TV license.
@Gavin Lewis he probably meant catch up TV I.e 4od and iPlayer as long as they are not live ofcourse
Banned
J4GG4

We do not watch live tv so do not pay for a licence. But while at work … We do not watch live tv so do not pay for a licence. But while at work the tv licencing guy came around threatening my other half and she paid him on the spot. Criminals.

If you watch sky or use a decoder box that unscrambles channels, you DO need a tv license
Banned
Adnan786

If you watch sky or use a decoder box that unscrambles channels, you DO … If you watch sky or use a decoder box that unscrambles channels, you DO need a tv license

How would you know he has sky TV? oh wait! database! Amirite?
At least the OP can spell the word licence.(_;)
Banned
guv

How would you know he has sky TV? oh wait! database! Amirite?

You're right even when you're wrong.

I didnt have you for a conspiracy theorist. Oh wait.
Banned
Adnan786

You're right

As always.
Banned
You try too hard to act childish.

You need to try and find a middle ground.

Editing quotes to manipulate the context of posts shows the inner workings of your sinister nature.

Its amusing so do continue, but after the laughter dissipates, pity comes into play (srs)
It will be abolished in the next few years, then all of these threads will be people moaning about adverts on the BBC.
Original Poster
GAVINLEWISHUKD

TVCatchup is a 'as live' service so requires a TV license.

You can watch Iplayer etc...just not live tv
Original Poster
You don't need a licence if you don't use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch ‘catch up’ services like BBC iPlayer or 4oD.
Original Poster
J4GG4

We do not watch live tv so do not pay for a licence. But while at work … We do not watch live tv so do not pay for a licence. But while at work the tv licencing guy came around threatening my other half and she paid him on the spot. Criminals.

Gits
Adnan786

If you watch sky or use a decoder box that unscrambles channels, you DO … If you watch sky or use a decoder box that unscrambles channels, you DO need a tv license

Thats a interesting point, but why point it at me? I do not watch live tv
Banned
Haven't had a TV license for years. If I need BBC programming - iPlayer.

Why pay for a TV License -only to be faced with hours and hours of adverts!
Banned
J4GG4

Thats a interesting point, but why point it at me? I do not watch live tv … Thats a interesting point, but why point it at me? I do not watch live tv

He did it because you posted a thread earlier and it upset his little buddy. (srs) X)
Banned
ewwaxo

Haven't had a TV license for years. If I need BBC programming - … Haven't had a TV license for years. If I need BBC programming - iPlayer.Why pay for a TV License -only to be faced with hours and hours of adverts!

Your stupidity knows no bounds!

The BBC do not show adverts, so your reference to BBC programming is irrelevant.
Banned
guv

Your stupidity knows no bounds!The BBC do not show adverts, so your … Your stupidity knows no bounds!The BBC do not show adverts, so your reference to BBC programming is irrelevant.

Yes Guv. Read carefully.

The BBC is one set of channels and this is the one you pay for. All the others show adverts. which make up the majority.

But I appreciate you falling into obvious attacks like that..
Edited by: "ewwaxo" 16th Mar 2013
Banned
ewwaxo

Yes Guv. Read carefully.The BBC is one set of channels and this is the … Yes Guv. Read carefully.The BBC is one set of channels and this is the one you pay for. All the others show adverts. which make up the majority.

I read carefully and answered carefully.

If you'd said you watch ITVplayer, you may have had a reason to mention adverts. But you chose the one channel that doesn't making it highly amusing.
Banned
sigh..............

Guv... You pay the TV licence to watch live TV regardless of whether or not you watch BBC cannels. The majority of channels show adverts. The reference to the BBC was because that is what the TV license fee is funding.
Banned
Someones got a new sidekick. How cute.
Adnan786

Speaking of which, where's yours?
Banned
Adnan786

slamdunkin will be jealous
Banned
Its really quite simple, not sure what part of it guv doesnt understand.

I'll see if I can simplify it further for him.

If you watch ANY tv channel as it is being broadcasted/aired you are liable to pay the TV License (does not have to be BBC).

Yes the tv license fee goes to the BBC, regardless of whether you watch BBC or any other of the hundreds of channels.

Many may have the opinion (such as ewwaxo) that watching live tv broadcasts (on every other channel) is enduring given that they show adverts and therefore may opt not to watch live broadcasts or the BBC.

Im of the opinion he was just nit picking because the other alternative is that he is rather quite simple.
Edited by: "Adnan786" 16th Mar 2013
Banned
Adnan786

Its really quite simple, not sure what part of it guv doesnt … Its really quite simple, not sure what part of it guv doesnt understand.I'll see if I can simplify it further for him.If you watch ANY tv channel as it is being broadcasted/aired you are liable to pay the TV License (does not have to be BBC). Yes the tv license fee goes to the BBC, regardless of whether you watch BBC or any other of the hundreds of channels.Many may have the opinion (such as ewwaxo) that watching live tv broadcasts (on every other channel) is enduring given that they show adverts and therefore may opt not to watch live broadcasts or the BBC.Im of the opinion he was just nit picking because the other alternative is that he is rather quite simple.

All the on-demand facilities provide all the necessary viewing options. Unless you watch Live Sports, having a TV License is really unnecessary, just as the OP has stated.

Banned
ewwaxo

All the on-demand facilities provide all the necessary viewing options. … All the on-demand facilities provide all the necessary viewing options. Unless you watch Live Sports, having a TV License is really unnecessary, just as the OP has stated.

In fact having Lovefilm + Netflix for a year is the equivalent of the TV License. On -demand no adverts.
Banned

Nothing on US Netflix then? Oh Well.

BTW. Im fully aware what the TV licence is for and who gets the money. I happily pay it too as they provide an excellent service. Especially their documentaries that often makes members here very frothy. X)

ewwaxo

Right back to US Netflix this is boring.

Adnan786

He's got the evening shift. X)

Gotta have cover 24/7 you know!
Banned
guv

Nothing on US Netflix then? Oh Well.BTW. Im fully aware what the TV … Nothing on US Netflix then? Oh Well.BTW. Im fully aware what the TV licence is for and who gets the money. I happily pay it too as they provide an excellent service. Especially their documentaries that often makes members here very frothy. X)He's got the evening shift. X)Gotta have cover 24/7 you know!

Excellent service -lol !! Its the best way to brainwash someone!! You have been fully programmed by the media- think of all those documentaries and adverts you've watched.
Banned
and weak minds like you guv. they own your mind.
Banned
I didn't even see the show. Just proving how easy it is to get a real weak mind to bite. X)

PS I mostly watch Satellite TV from abroad. Maybe I should pay the Italians and Germans a TV Licence fee! X)
Banned
guv

PS I mostly watch Satellite TV from abroad. Maybe I should pay the … PS I mostly watch Satellite TV from abroad. Maybe I should pay the Italians and Germans a TV Licence fee! X)

http://www.cotoznaczy.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/facepalm-300x216.jpg

Edited by: "ewwaxo" 16th Mar 2013
Banned
aircanman

It will be abolished in the next few years, then all of these threads … It will be abolished in the next few years, then all of these threads will be people moaning about adverts on the BBC.

I would rather have adverts on BBC rather than pay the licence, it's easier to skip commercials than to find the money to pay.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants