Groups

TV Licence payments

Hi,
    I just wondered if anyone knows if you can change your payments from quarterly to weekly or monthly?
    I currently pay mine quarterly but due to a change in income circumstances it's going to work out better if I pay monthly or even weekly. I've tried to google it with no luck and on the Tv Licence website it doesn't look like you can change payment options only set up new.
    I've tried ringing the number but it's the automated woman!

Thanks in advance

13 Comments

just call them monthly works out first 6 months you pay double to build up a year then it's 12 equal payments each month

Yes you can pay monthly direct debit
    payments approx £14 to £15.

like others have advised. Call them and they will sort out a payment plan for weekly basis. That's how I pay mine

i pay mine monthly and its £12ish

Original Poster

Thanks all.... I'll give them a bell tomorrow.
    Just to be sure, it's £24 a month for the first 6 months then £12 per month for months 7-12?

You can get a savings account and you can add each week or month. I pay around £13.50 to £14 a month. You can sign up on the website

Banned

Stop paying it altogether.

There's nothing decent on TV these days anyhow. Just mindless junk peddled by others for financial gain.

I've never paid for the TV licence. Anything worth watching can be downloaded for free and without the adverts.

You can't get a payment card (pay online) think it's about £7 a week, ring them.

pink_elephant

Thanks all.... I'll give them a bell tomorrow. Just to be sure, it's £24 … Thanks all.... I'll give them a bell tomorrow. Just to be sure, it's £24 a month for the first 6 months then £12 per month for months 7-12?

​correct (i dont get it either, lol)

Original Poster

adamspencer95

Not really sure why they'd make you pay double for 6 months then half after? Seems a bit random? Never mind, I'll call them tomorrow and see what my options are! Cheers:)

Surely the cheapest way of paying is to just pay the lot a the end of the year ?
    (unless you are a tax dodger)

adamspencer95

​paid in advance I think

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Surely the cheapest way of paying is to just pay the lot a the end of the … Surely the cheapest way of paying is to just pay the lot a the end of the year ?(unless you are a tax dodger)

Can't afford the lump sum at the end of the year p.s: I'm not a tax dodger! Lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32455
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047204
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767535
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941357

See more discussions