Groups

TV options

I've just got new smart tv. It's for the bedroom. I currently have a tv downstairs with sky. I just wanted to know what are my options. It has freeview built in but I don't have the dish. Is there any other way of getting channels without dishes and stuff? Thanks

8 Comments

Could you run a cable from your sky dish?

Could you run a cable from your sky box?

Is it freesat or freeview?
    Edited by: "Robj1" 25th Sep 2016

Original Poster

Robj1

Could you run a cable from your sky dish? Could you run a cable from your … Could you run a cable from your sky dish? Could you run a cable from your sky box?Is it freesat or freeview?

I could physically do that but I didn't know I could to be honest. Would that give me freeview or sky? And it's built in freeview

If it has Freeview built in, then all you'll need is a decent indoor aerial. Nothing else needed, so long as your happy with just the Freeview channels, just plug in and tune your TV.
    Edited by: "Taliban_Army" 25th Sep 2016

Original Poster

Taliban_Army

If it has Freeview built in, then all you'll need is a decent indoor … If it has Freeview built in, then all you'll need is a decent indoor aerial. Nothing else needed, so long as your happy with just the Freeview channels, just plug in and tune your TV.

Yeah seems about right, it's smart tv so I have access to other stuff on it. Just wanted the basic kind of channels though. Thanks

use a tv eye for your sky upstairs

If you have sky elsewhere in the house, you could connect it to your new TV with a cable but it will be the same channel as it's using the same box.

sky q box runs off wifi. so you can put it upstairs without a cable

You probly don't wotch live tv anyways
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      2. Virgin Media TV67
      3. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023
      4. Does the app aznog still work?11

See more discussions