Groups
    EXPIRED

TV price match in store...

Does anyone know of an electrical store which price matches items on the internet.
    thanks

11 Comments

empire direct

Original Poster

Thanks, but Im looking for a retail shop that matches an online store. Also does Currys now price match Dixons on line price?

Hi there,

A quick search threw up this:

The Currys price promise applies to the lowest price offered by these retailers, whether that’s online or in-store:

Argos, Comet, PCWorld, Woolworths, B&Q, Jessops, Tesco, John Lewis & Asda

Hope that helps

Aye Currys will not price match online ONLY stores including Dixons.

unless they got a shop and the item is instock, Currys won't do it.

if you see a TV cheaper at Argos but theres no stock for at least 3 weeks. No Price Match.

I had one guy buy a Panasonic PZ80 42" from me then he found it cheaper at Richer Sounds, they only had ONE left in stock and he asked them to hold it for him while he came back and got us to price match and refund him the difference from his original sale, then stood in our shop, rang Richer Sounds and told them he no longer wanted the tv to be held as Currys had beaten them on price.

What a charmer...

Original Poster

I didn' t think Dixons had any stores they were just on line now. Does this mean Currys will match Dixons online price.....unless anyone can tell me where their stores are. thanks

Original Poster

Does this mean that Currys will match the online prices of these stores if the item is in stock? Thanks for the info, I hate being ripped off by the large companies but unfortunately they are the ones with the choice.

didn' t think Dixons had any stores they were just on line now. Does this mean Currys will match Dixons online price.....unless anyone can tell me where their stores are. thanks

Does this mean that Currys will match the online prices of these stores if the item is in stock? Thanks for the info, I hate being ripped off by the large companies but unfortunately they are the ones with the choice.

NO!
    Aye Currys will NOT price match online ONLY stores including Dixons.

unless they got a SHOP and the item is instock, Currys won't do it.

Dixons don't have shops except VAT free at the airports.

Currys will price match high street retailers ONLY whether they have a website or not.
    no shop no price promise
    eg Amazon, play.com etc

lupos0_1;3611376

Hi there,A quick search threw up this:The Currys price promise applies to … Hi there,A quick search threw up this:The Currys price promise applies to the lowest price offered by these retailers, whether that’s online or in-store:Argos, Comet, PCWorld, Woolworths, B&Q, Jessops, Tesco, John Lewis & Asda Hope that helps

This clearly states that they will price match whether in store OR online.

Taken from the Currys website :-D

lupos0_1;3614866

This clearly states that they will price match whether in store OR … This clearly states that they will price match whether in store OR online.Taken from the Currys website :-D

if they are an ONLINE ONLY retailer, then Currys won't do it.

I work for them.

it may just be down to managers discretion in the end, so feel free to push to see the manager of your local stores.

However it is frowned upon from the big head office.

not cos DSGI is going down the tubes as the media is wrongly reporting.
    cash wise, the company is very very well off

whether smaller and less profit stores stay open or not is just good business sense.

My god, why are people only quoting part of what I wrote.

I wrote a list of bleedin retailers that are odvertised:

Argos, Comet, PCWorld, Woolworths, B&Q, Jessops, Tesco, John Lewis & Asda

lupos0_1;3615970

My god, why are people only quoting part of what I wrote.I wrote a list … My god, why are people only quoting part of what I wrote.I wrote a list of bleedin retailers that are odvertised:Argos, Comet, PCWorld, Woolworths, B&Q, Jessops, Tesco, John Lewis & Asda

Thats customers right there though. I always get people trying to bring back stuff and pointing out that "we will refund any item if they are not 100% satisfied" because they can see a big A1 poster stating that behind me. Unfortunately, the next line is "all we ask is the item is unopened and in its original packaging" or somesuch.

Moral of the story: Customers only read what they want
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for a phone12
      2. Iphone/ipad external storage23
      3. Can you machine wash wool suit trousers that state "dry clean only"?88
      4. Has anyone bought fitted wardrobes from Sharps?23

See more discussions