TV Problem

Posted 13th Feb
I bought a Hisense H50B7500UK 50 4K Ultra HD LED TV.
The problem I'm having is that when I'm watching a programme (especially sports), the picture seems to be refocussing for a split second.
I'm watching the darts atm and everytime it goes to the dartboard, the wires on the board flash for a millisecond.
It's the same with the football when it pans to the crowd. It also happens with the advertising hoardings.
It does happen on normal programmes as well, especially if there's anything in writing or if someone has a stripy top on.
I just tried watching the tennis via the Amazon Prime app on the TV and there wasn't a problem.
My normal viewing is through Sky using a magic eye. Could this be the problem?
It's driving me mad tbh.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
Change the picture setting out of sports mode (picture mode button is at the top of the remote or through settings)
dezbo888813/02/2020 20:05

Change the picture setting out of sports mode (picture mode button is at …Change the picture setting out of sports mode (picture mode button is at the top of the remote or through settings)

I've tried all the different picture settings, but it makes no difference.
I have these settings on mine which improves the quality no end

avforums.com/thr…14/

Unfortunately, the VIDAA os seems pretty buggy and have had to hard reset my H55B7500UK 3 times since I bought it last week as it just locks up when trying to access my nas. The audio went today too (echoes) on all sources.

Hopefully, the new VIDAA 4 coming soon should iron out these bugs. I have every confidence I'll be getting my moneys worth from richersounds 6 year warranty
When you view a program through the Sky magic eye you're watching it in analogue through a coax cable and your tv is tuned into an analogue low definition source so that is your problem.
To get a good image you need a digital source from a hdmi cable directly to your sky box.
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 13th Feb
chimp14uk13/02/2020 20:06

I've tried all the different picture settings, but it makes no difference.

Sorry . It worked for me .
No issues like that on mine. Have you truned off the smooth motion crap? First thing I did when I set mine up, it could be that?
PaulandPam13/02/2020 20:25

When you view a program through the Sky magic eye you're watching it in …When you view a program through the Sky magic eye you're watching it in analogue through a coax cable and your tv is tuned into an analogue low definition source so that is your problem.To get a good image you need a digital source from a hdmi cable directly to your sky box.

It wasn't happening on my full HD TV though.
Is it because the new one is 4K?
chimp14uk13/02/2020 20:35

It wasn't happening on my full HD TV though.Is it because the new one is …It wasn't happening on my full HD TV though.Is it because the new one is 4K?

More than likely your new tv screen is bigger and the TV is also upscaling the poor analogue picture to accommodate the screen size and resolution.
"My normal viewing is through Sky using a magic eye. Could this be the problem?"

No harm in trying without it.
PaulandPam13/02/2020 20:41

More than likely your new tv screen is bigger and the TV is also upscaling …More than likely your new tv screen is bigger and the TV is also upscaling the poor analogue picture to accommodate the screen size and resolution.

Oh dear

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new normal HD TV for the bedroom and put the 4K one in the lounge where I can use HDMI from the Sky box.
chimp14uk13/02/2020 20:45

Oh dear Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new normal HD TV for the …Oh dear Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new normal HD TV for the bedroom and put the 4K one in the lounge where I can use HDMI from the Sky box.

Or just get sky multiroom so you'll have a box upstairs if you really need the sky programs.
PaulandPam13/02/2020 20:49

Or just get sky multiroom so you'll have a box upstairs if you really need …Or just get sky multiroom so you'll have a box upstairs if you really need the sky programs.

Or get a long hdmi cable
Arto13/02/2020 20:51

Or get a long hdmi cable

Not the ideal option because of the digital data losses you get with long hdmi cables plus they would need a splitter and that causes more agro.
PaulandPam13/02/2020 20:56

Not the ideal option because of the digital signal losses you get with …Not the ideal option because of the digital signal losses you get with long hdmi cables plus they would need a splitter and that causes more agro.

I have a 10m HDMI cable from the Sky Q box going into the Samsung 4K upstairs, no loss in quality.
McShane113/02/2020 20:58

I have a 10m HDMI cable from the Sky Q box going into the Samsung 4K …I have a 10m HDMI cable from the Sky Q box going into the Samsung 4K upstairs, no loss in quality.

Yep 10M to 12M is about the limit before you start having problems.
McShane113/02/2020 20:35

No issues like that on mine. Have you truned off the smooth motion crap? …No issues like that on mine. Have you truned off the smooth motion crap? First thing I did when I set mine up, it could be that?

How do you do that?
chimp14uk13/02/2020 21:05

How do you do that?

Settings > Picture > Picture Mode Settings.
McShane113/02/2020 21:06

Settings > Picture > Picture Mode Settings.

I will give it a go.
Thanks.
Thank you all for your replies.
I will check out all info tomorrow and will update.
I bought a Hisense from Argos and it was awful, put me off buying another 43 (for TV bed). Bit the bullet and bought a samsung, same issue. Things were jumping across the screen. I turned off smooth motion and it instantly fixed the issue then I tweaked the rest and fairly happy now. Its no KURO though.

Avoid using a Magic Eye where possible, you are literally killing your image quality.
There are lots of ways of getting HDMI to another room nowadays, though just HDMI cable is easiest obviously if you can manage it through the wall etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants