Groups

TV Question......

Hello readers!

right well i'm lucky enough to have a great bro who's giving me a blue ray player but alas i have the old style TV as in the big butt type lol

was hoping for some advice on whats the cost of say a 19inch lcd TV or whatever type of TV to get the most out of the blue ray player not after anything large but not major small either more middle of the road but i;m so outta the loop when it comes to tele's i haven't had to buy one for almost 10 years my old fatty is working like a charm and will still be the main TV

any advice thoughts or recommendations would be welcome

cheers!

23 Comments

all a question of how much money you have to spend.

Original Poster

chillyyyy

all a question of how much money you have to spend.

as little as poss as it will be a second TV tbh but don't want something thats gonna end up in the knackers yard within a month either

blu ray will be pretty much pointless on a screen of that size

not after anything large but not major small either more middle of the … not after anything large but not major small either more middle of the road

19" middle of the road?oO

Maybe 19" was considered a mid sized TV in 1973, but things have moved on since then grandad.

Original Poster

numptyj

blu ray will be pretty much pointless on a screen of that size

what sort of size would be best but don't want something too big

Original Poster

thesaint

19" middle of the road?oOMaybe 19" was considered a mid sized TV in 1973, … 19" middle of the road?oOMaybe 19" was considered a mid sized TV in 1973, but things have moved on since then grandad.

you cheeky git i've not 30 yet!! like i said not had to buy a tv for years how rude!!

is the tv for a bedroom /frontroom ?

nitelighter

what sort of size would be best but don't want something too big

Original Poster

chillyyyy

is the tv for a bedroom /frontroom ?

gonna be for the bedroom

i think maybe a 22"tv 26" would be most suitable,unless of course you got a really big sized bedroom,then thats a different size and price range

Original Poster

chillyyyy

i think maybe a 22"tv 26" would be most suitable,unless of course you got … i think maybe a 22"tv 26" would be most suitable,unless of course you got a really big sized bedroom,then thats a different size and price range

nah the room ain't huge not a box like but yeah i could go with that sorta size, heard some horror stories of tvs dyin within months and stuff don't wanna get something thats not gonna last a year at least. cheers for the help so far i'm well outta the loop in this field!

The below is at a decent price

22" full hd

32" full hd
    Edited by: "simplex" 17th Feb 2011

Original Poster

simplex

The below is at a decent price22" full hd

yeah thats not bad, bit concerned about LG tho me Ex had one and it had a weird habit of not wanting to turn on so you'd have to keep hitting the button til it finally decided to switch on put me off the brand a bit hence the caution in just buying whatever.... not a bad price tho cheers

Agree not much point getting full HD if its a 22" screen as you will not notice the difference, but also depends on your viewing distance. Personally i would get at least a 32" if im going HD

thesaint

19" middle of the road?oOMaybe 19" was considered a mid sized TV in 1973, … 19" middle of the road?oOMaybe 19" was considered a mid sized TV in 1973, but things have moved on since then grandad.

Dont know how you saw things growing up but even 7 years ago I had a 20" tv and housemates were like "wow you have a big tv, that must of cost a lot" since even back then a second hand 20" tv would be about £100 and even in family homes I rarely saw a widescreen tv except in people with really good jobs.

People only seem to be getting widescreen hd tvs in the last 4 years.

ryouga

Dont know how you saw things growing up but even 7 years ago I had a 20" … Dont know how you saw things growing up but even 7 years ago I had a 20" tv and housemates were like "wow you have a big tv, that must of cost a lot" since even back then a second hand 20" tv would be about £100 and even in family homes I rarely saw a widescreen tv except in people with really good jobs.People only seem to be getting widescreen hd tvs in the last 4 years.

Are you being serious? oO

Syzable

Are you being serious? oO

Yep totally, in fact 5 years ago I paid £160 for a 32" crt tv and none of my housemates even owned a tv bar 1 who had a 20" inch one given from a friend, and 9 years ago had a quite wealthy housemate who spent £1000 on a dvd player(as many good ones cost then) who had it connected to a 14" tv and had a 20" for terrestrial tv.

the only time I didnt see anything but portable tvs was in family homes and even then it was a majority had 20" tvs.as above.

Original Poster

any other deals or what have you out there people?

Almost 20 years ago we had a 28 inch Tv and i remember my grand parents having a 25" or so Tv a few years before us, so seems you've had it hard ryouga

nitelighter

any other deals or what have you out there people?

Price range?
    Still looking for a 19"?
    Other features?

See below for budget branded 720p res

720p/19"

720p/32"

Anything below a 32" is a crime to HD, esp at the prices you can get 32 inch sets on here deal wise!

Banned

richx45

Anything below a 32" is a crime to HD, esp at the prices you can get 32 … Anything below a 32" is a crime to HD, esp at the prices you can get 32 inch sets on here deal wise!

+1

32" in my bedroom and isnt too big at all. 19-22" is far too small and hardly shows bluray at its best unless you have it on your bedside cabinet! oO

simplex

Almost 20 years ago we had a 28 inch Tv and i remember my grand parents … Almost 20 years ago we had a 28 inch Tv and i remember my grand parents having a 25" or so Tv a few years before us, so seems you've had it hard ryouga

Oh god............now you've opened a can of worms. lol

Syzable

Oh god............now you've opened a can of worms. lol

stir the pot abit more
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414