TV Reception Help - Thanks!

Found 17th Jul 2008
Hi,

I am quite useless when it comes to technology and would appreciate any help!

I have recently moved into a flat and in the bedroom I am unable to get a reception on the LCD TV, despite purchasing a signal booster.

I have tested the TV in the living room, where there is a specified TV point in the wall and the reception is perfect, however the TV point in the bedroom appears to be an FM point rather than a TV point, which appears to be the problem.

I was wondering if there are any adaptors I need to buy, which will make the point a TV point and strengthen the signal or do I need to have a specific point installed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

1. Misc
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. TV
8 Comments

I think you'll need a proper TV aerial point I'm afraid. Is it a new-build i.e. within the last couple of years? If so it may be worth contacting the builders as we tend to run aerial cabe to all rooms and just leave it hidden behind the wall incase people want extra points installed.

Original Poster

Yeah it was built in 2002 I think, so may be the case.

Thanks for your help, I'll contact Redrow I think.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;2547029

What about using a wireless … What about using a wireless sender?http://www.amazon.co.uk/2-4ghz-video-sender-Wireless-System/dp/B000R2KH5E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216297919&sr=8-3

Might be worth looking at, thanks.

You would need a tv or video in the living room for that to work.
You can't just send the aerial signal.

:thumbsup:

Jumpingphil;2548077

You would need a tv or video in the living room for that to work.You … You would need a tv or video in the living room for that to work.You can't just send the aerial signal.:thumbsup:

That would not be a problem. As long as the video, DVD, or TV box is in the living room, he could control them from the bedroom.

Predikuesi;2548364

That would not be a problem. As long as the video, DVD, or TV box is in … That would not be a problem. As long as the video, DVD, or TV box is in the living room, he could control them from the bedroom.

Yes I know that, I have one of these and they are great.
Used it a couple of weekends ago to get a tv working in the tent in the garden for my daughter's sleepover.
They were watching scary films but didn't get to finish any of them

Get a splitter and some decent coax cable :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text