TV Repair Advice

Posted 22nd Sep
I've got a Digihome 42" TV and the right side area of the TV is kind of greyed out, see below. not sure what's causing it, I'm happy to open up the TV and take a look as it's now out of warranty if anyone can recommend a diagnosis?

Thanks!

3298198.jpg3298198.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Wouldn't bother, probably cost more to repair it than buy a new one, welcome to the throwaway society
furbars22/09/2019 18:44

Wouldn't bother, probably cost more to repair it than buy a new one, …Wouldn't bother, probably cost more to repair it than buy a new one, welcome to the throwaway society

But I just wish I knew if it was a loose connector or something, just wanted some repair advice from an engineer, I don't just want to skip it... 😔
ck1211122/09/2019 18:46

But I just wish I knew if it was a loose connector or something, just …But I just wish I knew if it was a loose connector or something, just wanted some repair advice from an engineer, I don't just want to skip it... 😔

I had a similar predicament couple of years ago, our LG suddenly stopped playing sound everything else was ok. Exhausted every option to get it to work ended up taking it to the tip after I gave it a gentle tap with the hammer .
Edited by: "furbars" 22nd Sep
Why skip it ?? You will get nothing for it........
Stick it on e-bay for spares or repair and get something for it,,,buyer collect and if you get £20 for it.................. £20 is better than jack
In the old days, it would be the picture tube. Sadly, with these new TV's, you have to change the LED screen.

Leave it outside and your local East European chap with a van who goes though the bins and skips in your area will whisk it away.
Try YouTube
How long out of warranty?
Anyone have any actual repair ideas or suggestions?
Check to see if there are any free repair hubs or whatever they are calling themselves.
I've seen a few advertised on social media and on the news.
They normal focus on smaller items so probably best to call ahead to see if they do TVs
ck1211122/09/2019 20:55

Anyone have any actual repair ideas or suggestions?

Most likely inverter board for the backlight, its a simple fix, problem is finding another board. its not really economically worth it..
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 22nd Sep
ck1211122/09/2019 20:47

Couple of years

Tbf, you did well to get 2 years from a digihome TV. You could try the Consumer Rights Act as not fit for purpose with the retailer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants