TV screen has gone white

Posted 18th Oct
Would you say the screen is faulty or something else? Not sure if I should chuck it or try to get it repaired depending on the problem.

3311486-bbDyu.jpg

Just
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Flux capacitor needs more plutonium. You should know this, Doc.
18 Comments
It would probably be really helpful if you told us what make and model of TV it is.
Probably dead if you’ve checked all the inputs etc
Not totally blank, so some signal is getting through. What sort of screen is it? What you've done is like me showing you a photo of a car tyre and asking if the injectors are faulty. More info needed.
Ringfinger18/10/2019 19:17

Not totally blank, so some signal is getting through. What sort of screen …Not totally blank, so some signal is getting through. What sort of screen is it? What you've done is like me showing you a photo of a car tyre and asking if the injectors are faulty. More info needed.

Are the injectors faulty?
This may help Link

Edit knew it was Samsung was waiting for you to mention it, they seem to have majority of the pie lol
Edited by: "MR1123" 18th Oct
Haircut_10018/10/2019 18:54

It would probably be really helpful if you told us what make and model of …It would probably be really helpful if you told us what make and model of TV it is.

Samsung it’s only 5 years old.
There’s sound just no picture.
Bruce_Dwayne18/10/2019 19:26

Lol that tickled me
38696325-of8s9.jpg
Pull all cables. Short in hdmi cable or other might cause problems
EmmettDocBrown18/10/2019 19:33

[Image]

A TV that size which is six year old would absolutely not be worth fixing. If the TV was working perfectly you would be lucky to get £100 for it second hand.

From the pictures it looks like one of the ribbon type cables has gone, have had similar issues with laptops in the past which looked the same.

You could take off the back cover, look for any weird looking capacitors, check for any weird smells etc.
DanSpaghetti18/10/2019 19:20

Are the injectors faulty?

No, the egg was hard boiled because I took the corner to fast.
Ringfinger18/10/2019 19:55

No, the egg was hard boiled because I took the corner to fast.

That’s just made my eggs scramble
Edited by: "DanSpaghetti" 18th Oct
Don’t see what’s wrong, looks all-white to me?
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 18th Oct
EmmettDocBrown18/10/2019 19:31

Samsung it’s only 5 years old.

5 years is about average nothing wrong with the tv going after 5 years of use
You say only 5 years, 5 years is a long ass time for a tv , try fix it your self take the back off look at blown capacitors or anything weird. Or ribbon cable, if cant get it going its time for a upgrade
It serves you right for buying a TV from the Libyans I knew they'd come after you.
Especially one that isn't a proper rectangular TV.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants