Expired

tv signal

Found 10th Aug
My TV has suddenly started clipping, picture breaking up on Freeview. bbc1 is worst, itv2 least worst, but unwatchable.

never had a problem with signal
been in flat for 4 years, 3 storey block flat.

i tried tv returning, same old.

is it TV or the Ariel, is there a way to no

no second tv
Community Updates
AskElectronicsTV & Video
13 Comments
You may have been affected by the below:

Changes to Freeview airwaves

The Government has taken the decision to reallocate some airwaves currently used by Freeview for the future launch of new mobile broadband services. This is designed to meet a predicted increase in the demand for mobile data. The process began in Scotland in summer 2017 and is now underway across the UK, region by region. It is expected to be completed by 2020. More information, including details of the free support available for viewers, is available at freeview.co.uk/tvc…ges

Most Freeview viewers will simply need to retune their TV equipment when this change takes place in their area. However, Ofcom has stated that between 100,000 -160,000 homes currently using a grouped rooftop aerial may need a replacement be sure they can continue to receive all available channels in their area. Some viewers may also need to repoint their aerial or install a small filter at the back of their TV to prevent interference once new mobile services launch.

Viewers in the process of replacing their aerial in areas where signals are transmitted in Group C/D are recommended to consider a wideband model.

More information on wideband aerials is available from the Ofcom website. More detailed information on these changes for industry can be found in our section on 700MHz clearance.
You could buy a signal tester argos.co.uk/product/3568879 to test the signal
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 10th Aug
Do you have anything else connected to TV. Sometimes it happens with mine when connecting Chromecast. When not in use pull out if USB slot
Ring these.. Its free. At800

Is probably 4G interference. They send you a filter which resolves this problem almost all the time. Easy to fit, just plugs in the back of your TV, box etc.
I assume you have a lease and are paying for the up keep of the flat. I would ask your neighbours if they're have the same problem. Also do you share a community aerial ?
kester7619 m ago

I assume you have a lease and are paying for the up keep of the flat. I …I assume you have a lease and are paying for the up keep of the flat. I would ask your neighbours if they're have the same problem. Also do you share a community aerial ?

yes i believe we do, clear skies today , tv covered and ariel covered as council and shared, i will check it today
phoned up, someone else reported it, so deffo Ariel, unfortunately it be do done by contractor, so unsure how long it be, feel show for people who got no internet and just Freeview, .
ohh comming out in four hours 🤡🤡
Pricklerickle1 h, 11 m ago

ohh comming out in four hours 🤡🤡

Well done, it's not easy coming out of the closet some times
mrty7 h, 43 m ago

Ring these.. Its free. At800Is probably 4G interference. They send you a …Ring these.. Its free. At800Is probably 4G interference. They send you a filter which resolves this problem almost all the time. Easy to fit, just plugs in the back of your TV, box etc.

he said new signal booster has 4g filter in it
They turned on the 4G network on the 800Mhz band some years ago now, so 4G interference would presumably only be the cause if one of the mobile networks that bought some of that spectrum recently turned on a new tower near you.

Most of the issues recently are due to the shifting of channel frequencies lower to make space in the 700Mhz band (earmarked for future mobile network expansion). This is happening at different transmitters at different times until 2020. The problems there are caused by the new frequencies being lower than what the old aerials in some areas are tuned to receive, so the signal coming out of the aerial is weaker.

This may well be why the contractor has just put in a signal booster. A new aerial would be better, but if it's mounted somewhere difficult to change then the booster may be sufficient.
Pricklerickle3 h, 10 m ago

he said new signal booster has 4g filter in it

What about getting your own aerial? I got this. SLX aerial though I paid a lot less for it - get one for about half that price off ebay. Its small, unobtrusive and looks a bit like a satellite dish. We have its 8 feet off ground and get a 100% reception and signal quality.
Worth considering.
mrty10th Aug

What about getting your own aerial? I got this. SLX aerial though I paid a …What about getting your own aerial? I got this. SLX aerial though I paid a lot less for it - get one for about half that price off ebay. Its small, unobtrusive and looks a bit like a satellite dish. We have its 8 feet off ground and get a 100% reception and signal quality.Worth considering.

Ariel i got now does the job no problem, also he told me i got a stat dish as well so can have freesat as well
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants