TV size suitable to play with an XBox One?

Found 18th Feb
I have a 32" tv in my sitting room and we sit around 9 feet away from it. I have just got my son an XBox One and have to get a tv for his room. His room is quite small and I would think that when he sits on his bed, he would be about 5-6 feet away from a tv when he would be playing on his XBox One. I actually think that a 32" tv would be too big for his room and was thinking possibly a 26-28" one would be suitable (especially for gaming) - any suggestions please? Thank you.
Community Updates
AskGamingElectronics
7 Comments
Most online distance calculator say for 1080p 40" and a little bit bugger would be good. 4k you would need 50" or bigger really.
Our son is at Uni in halls and has the smallest room you can imagine. He has a 32 inch Samsung flat screen tv with his Xbox one. We bought a stand from amazon to sit the TV on and the Xbox under. He sits on his bed and is probably 3-4ft from the screen. It works fine. This is the pic I took before it went up to Uni. 33285015-HkSmu.jpg
windym3 m ago

Our son is at Uni in halls and has the smallest room you can imagine. He …Our son is at Uni in halls and has the smallest room you can imagine. He has a 32 inch Samsung flat screen tv with his Xbox one. We bought a stand from amazon to sit the TV on and the Xbox under. He sits on his bed and is probably 3-4ft from the screen. It works fine. This is the pic I took before it went up to Uni. [Image]

That looks like a good idea.
This is the stand, I got it on a warehouse deal - battered box - item perfect and £18.
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

The controllers both fit underneath when the Xbox is pushed across to the side of the stand. Nice and neat and tidy.
People sit 2-3' away from 32" PC monitors. At 6' away you could get away with 55" or more, 32" is certainly fine, and is the smallest size the mainstream models tend to come in these days (quite a few are now 40/43" minimum).
I’d probably go with 32”, but depends on the eyesight as well as some games require to see little details. I’m approx 7-8ft from my tv and need glasses to read the tiny writing
I'd go 40. Your looking at it from what you were used to as a child. 26" T.V's are hardly even a thing anymore, its not like when we were kids and had a huge 15" box in the corner to play snes. Assuming you have a 40-60 inch in the sitting room (as most people do these days) anything less than 32 will seem tiny to him.
Playing anything requiring details will be a struggle from 6 ft away on a 32 inch. Price wise won't be much different from 32 to 40.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants