TV stand for a 65" TV with room for a large Centre Speaker

Posted 29th OctEdited by:"peter1969uk"
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little advice.

I have a 65" TV which I use and AV receiver and 5.1. But I'm having trouble finding a TV (Standard or Cantilever ) which will also take the centre speaker. Which is the following dimensions.

External Dimensions.
Height: 205mm Width: 537mm Depth 330.6mm

I've been looking for a few days but no luck. Has anyone else over come this issue? I can't wall mount the TV, which would have been an easier solution.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Should fit in a Besta from Ikea. I use one and my fairly large centre sits in the space left above a small door. I'll upload a pic.

ikea.com/gb/…03/

Mine is similar to that but without the top middle door. Amp/AVR/Bluray/CD player/Sky/consoles all sit behind the glass panels. Dali Zensor Vokal fits in the space with plenty of room left over. Probably 90mm down each side and at the top of it. I've cut some holes in the back and installed some Noctua fans on the back to exhaust heat. They run from a USB to pwm converter which is powered once the AVR comes on.

I'd imagine you could get a 75 inch TV on top if you wished. I had 55 and my speakers on the top before I got stands. Now my TV looks too small on it.
Edited by: "Danze1984" 29th Oct
Danze198429/10/2019 10:28

Should fit in a Besta from Ikea. I use one and my fairly large centre sits …Should fit in a Besta from Ikea. I use one and my fairly large centre sits in the space left above a small door. I'll upload a pic.https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/besta-storage-combination-with-drawers-black-brown-selsviken-stubbarp-high-gloss-black-smoked-glass-s59302703/Mine is similar to that but without the top middle door. Amp/AVR/Bluray/CD player/Sky/consoles all sit behind the glass panels. Dali Zensor Vokal fits in the space with plenty of room left over. Probably 90mm down each side and at the top of it. I've cut some holes in the back and installed some Noctua fans on the back to exhaust heat. They run from a USB to pwm converter which is powered once the AVR comes on.I'd imagine you could get a 75 inch TV on top if you wished. I had 55 and my speakers on the top before I got stands. Now my TV looks too small on it.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of Ikea. I've never bought anything from there. Worth a trip with a tape measure, as they only give external measurements.
peter1969uk29/10/2019 10:59

Thanks, I hadn't thought of Ikea. I've never bought anything from there. …Thanks, I hadn't thought of Ikea. I've never bought anything from there. Worth a trip with a tape measure, as they only give external measurements.

I’ll measure mine when I get home and let you know.
Danze198429/10/2019 11:08

I’ll measure mine when I get home and let you know.

Thanks.
Why can't you wall mount the television?
666FU29/10/2019 11:56

Why can't you wall mount the television?

Wall mounting doesn't give me flexibility, if I wan't to move things around.
The must be something on Amazon that will do nuff of them... amazon.co.uk/1ho…-37
morrig29/10/2019 14:06

The must be something on Amazon that will do nuff of them... …The must be something on Amazon that will do nuff of them... https://www.amazon.co.uk/1home-Cantilever-Swivel-Bracket-Plasma/dp/B00B77Y2GI/ref=sr_1_37?qid=1572357828&s=electronics&sr=1-37

I've looked at a few of those, the one you mention is upto 50". The problem they don't show, or give measurements for the clearance from the bottom of the TV to the to of the stand. My current pedestal(cantilever) stand only leaves about 4 inches, which isn't enough.
Edited by: "peter1969uk" 29th Oct
Danze198429/10/2019 18:33

560x230x380mm

Thank you very much Danze,

I've been into Ikea and ordered one for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully it will look ok when assembled.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants