EXPIRED

Tv strobing on Pal60 games. It wasn't doing so previously, any ideas?

My son is running his Xbox 360 through my Alba 32LCD880. Up until yestrday, it ran with no issues. Now it seems to be strobing on Pal60 games. It is running the Pal50 games no bother. Any suggestions?

6 Comments

Original Poster

Bump

Check that the refresh rate is set to auto and not 50hz.

The TV may have lost it's stored settings, it might keep doing this now depending on how the settings are backup up.
Edited by: "Tony68k" 14th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Tony68k

Check that the refresh rate is set to auto and not 50hz.

On the tv or the Xbox or both?
Edited by: "Henvig" 14th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Tony68k

Check that the refresh rate is set to auto and not 50hz.The TV may have … Check that the refresh rate is set to auto and not 50hz.The TV may have lost it's stored settings, it might keep doing this now depending on how the settings are backup up.

Yeah, makes no sense was fine, then just stopped, unless my son isn't telling me everything...

Henvig

On the tv or the Xbox or both?

On the TV, sounds like the XBox is pushing out 60hz, but the TV is stuck on 50hz for some reason. Easiest thing to check is that the TV is set to auto refresh rate if it has this option. If not, I would turn everything off for 5 minutes, check all the cables - remove them and plug them back in, and try it all again.

If none of this works, the tv may have just failed and can't now switch frequencies anymore, so just set the xbox to 50hz and all will be fine. There's a slim chance the TV never worked at 60hz anyway and your xbox used to be set to 50hz, but that's unlikely, most tv's will switch to 60.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?615
    2. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?67
    3. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
    4. GAP Insurance Recommendations11

See more discussions