Groups

TV SURROUND SOUND HELP. OPTICAL

I have just bought the 37XV505DB toshiba and it has a optical connection on the back,

my question is...

i have a cinema kit and would it be better plugging the optical cable from tele to cinema kit or get a splitter and plug sky+ and my 360 direct into the cinema kit,

hope this makes sense,

thanx in advance

4 Comments

I have this tv - The optical out on the tv only works for DTV I think. I plug my Sky+ and other optical inputs into my speaker kit direct. Mine also has HDMI input too but I go direct from my DVD Player etc into the TV.

To get use out of your tv from ATV you'll need to use component RCA (Red/White) from your tv into your speaker kit - I haven't bothered yet as tend to just use SKY+

Hope this helps

Original Poster

RoyalRenegade;2470546

I have this tv - The optical out on the tv only works for DTV I think. I … I have this tv - The optical out on the tv only works for DTV I think. I plug my Sky+ and other optical inputs into my speaker kit direct. Mine also has HDMI input too but I go direct from my DVD Player etc into the TV.To get use out of your tv from ATV you'll need to use component RCA (Red/White) from your tv into your speaker kit - I haven't bothered yet as tend to just use SKY+Hope this helps

thanx for ur reply, i wont need the sound of the freeview on the tele as i will be using sky+, i think i will go for the splitter and plug them direct into my cinema kit as i didn't know the optical on the back was only for dtv

I use an optical splitter for my dvd/games console - If you only have one optical input on your speaker system you may either want to get an optical selector which has a manual dial you turn to the item you use or get a two way splitter which works as long as one of the connected items is in standby. I bought both but use the 2 way splitter.

Think I got mine from the usual auction site for about £5.30 with 2 * 1m optical cables.

Original Poster

i think i will go for the splitter, thanx for ur help, only got the tele 2day, what do u think of it, 1st impressions i am very pleased with it, picture and sound is superb, very happy i made the choice to get this 1
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1220
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927348
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1621
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553785

See more discussions