TV SURROUND SOUND HELP. OPTICAL

Found 6th Jul 2008
I have just bought the 37XV505DB toshiba and it has a optical connection on the back,

my question is...

i have a cinema kit and would it be better plugging the optical cable from tele to cinema kit or get a splitter and plug sky+ and my 360 direct into the cinema kit,

hope this makes sense,

thanx in advance

4 Comments

I have this tv - The optical out on the tv only works for DTV I think. I plug my Sky+ and other optical inputs into my speaker kit direct. Mine also has HDMI input too but I go direct from my DVD Player etc into the TV.

To get use out of your tv from ATV you'll need to use component RCA (Red/White) from your tv into your speaker kit - I haven't bothered yet as tend to just use SKY+

Hope this helps

Original Poster

RoyalRenegade;2470546

I have this tv - The optical out on the tv only works for DTV I think. I … I have this tv - The optical out on the tv only works for DTV I think. I plug my Sky+ and other optical inputs into my speaker kit direct. Mine also has HDMI input too but I go direct from my DVD Player etc into the TV.To get use out of your tv from ATV you'll need to use component RCA (Red/White) from your tv into your speaker kit - I haven't bothered yet as tend to just use SKY+Hope this helps

thanx for ur reply, i wont need the sound of the freeview on the tele as i will be using sky+, i think i will go for the splitter and plug them direct into my cinema kit as i didn't know the optical on the back was only for dtv

I use an optical splitter for my dvd/games console - If you only have one optical input on your speaker system you may either want to get an optical selector which has a manual dial you turn to the item you use or get a two way splitter which works as long as one of the connected items is in standby. I bought both but use the 2 way splitter.

Think I got mine from the usual auction site for about £5.30 with 2 * 1m optical cables.

Original Poster

i think i will go for the splitter, thanx for ur help, only got the tele 2day, what do u think of it, 1st impressions i am very pleased with it, picture and sound is superb, very happy i made the choice to get this 1
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Man forgets where he parks his car - then finds it 20 years later - The Ind…22
    2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…8221546
    3. Battered women won't be chased for TV licence fees: Vulnerable victims at r…1114
    4. Proof of time travel ?76

See more discussions