Tv surround sound question

Found 7th Jun
Our dvd/surround sound has died. Think its a diode but can't be bothered to order part from china and try fixing. Discontinued part anyway, I did find one for £10 though but not worth the effort. Anyway. 5 Speakers I have already are 3 ohms so they are for the bin to. Crazy.. So what do in need. 5.1 speaker set off ebay at £80 and a optical to phono converter and £25. Anyone setup similar? Can't find any information on YouTube or Google that helps so that's what I figure will work. Or £300 on av receiver and speakers but that's more than I want to pay.. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I would just buy another dvd surround system 2nd hand for about £40 off ebay. Lots about as most people are looking for hdmi.

You can increase the load to prevent an AVR from going into protection mode either by joining two 3ohms in series or buy adding a resistor in series.
I don't think, like you, is worth the effort, just don't bother with it.
@kester76 I was thinking of a second hand system and seen the same panosonic player on ebay but don't want to risk second hand electronics because of bad experiences. Got refund though. Also have no use for dvd player. It was a blue ray and never watch one in 7 years. That crazy when I think about it
Edited by: "wayners" 7th Jun
A diode?, about 50p then, what makes you think its a diode.
wayners7 h, 20 m ago

@kester76 I was thinking of a second hand system and seen the same …@kester76 I was thinking of a second hand system and seen the same panosonic player on ebay but don't want to risk second hand electronics because of bad experiences. Got refund though. Also have no use for dvd player. It was a blue ray and never watch one in 7 years. That crazy when I think about it

Plenty of good 2nd hand non hdmi home cinemas out there. Only real thing to watch out for is dc offset. Most modern amps weak point is the HDMI board. A lot high end amps at a very good price.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants