Groups

Tv to projector help please!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
    Am looking for soem help with connecting a projector to a sony bravia 32 inch hdtv, with built in freeview, the whole idea was to show the freeview on my projector, but i cant seem to figure out how to get it to set it up?
    I have had my xbox hooked up to it, which i must say i was very impresed with, but the telly is giving me a head-ache lol.

Any help would be grand.

Thanks very much

Andy

P.s if i dont come to a solution am tempted to get rid of it lol

10 Comments

1. Use Tversity (might be wrong spelling) to stream from PC the Xbox connected to projector. (May not get freeview)
    2. Use a capture card on computer (one that gets freeview) and stream (as above) or connect VGA to PJ

ps not sure if TV will FEED the freeview signal, might be wrong thou

Forgive my ignorance, because I've never used a projector with a domestic system, only in the office from a PC, but isn't a TV a RECEIVER? How would you connect a projector to a TV, using the TV as the signal source? Or am I reading this wrongly?

Usually tv's have a passthrough on the freeview for video recorders. Use the scart connection. It should be labelled.

Original Poster

Thats what i was thinking so am ****ed basicly lol............

WELL PROJECTOR FOR SALE lol

deathtrap3000;5332167

Usually tv's have a passthrough on the freeview for video recorders. Use … Usually tv's have a passthrough on the freeview for video recorders. Use the scart connection. It should be labelled.

Yep, that would be my bet - the projector should at least have composite in, if you use an output scart adapter (different to an input, some have a switch for this) then you could feed the projector from the TV. Or just buy a cheap freeview box...

John

Afterburner;5332137

Forgive my ignorance, because I've never used a projector with a domestic … Forgive my ignorance, because I've never used a projector with a domestic system, only in the office from a PC, but isn't a TV a RECEIVER? How would you connect a projector to a TV, using the TV as the signal source? Or am I reading this wrongly?

Yes you would use a freeview box conected to your projector as your imput

maurice;5332182

Yes you would use a freeview box conected to your projector as your imput

Right, but he said use the built-in freeview from the TV. That's what confused me. I think a standalone freeview box would be the answer, if it has the requisite output ... would that be RGB, or Component?

Afterburner;5332221

Right, but he said use the built-in freeview from the TV. That's what … Right, but he said use the built-in freeview from the TV. That's what confused me. I think a standalone freeview box would be the answer, if it has the requisite output ... would that be RGB, or Component?

may be rgb but depends on the outputs on the back of your freeview box and the conections on your projector

Original Poster

yeh it worked through my mum and dads sky box, cause it had a s-video port but so i give up lol, time for ebay or my beloved hotukdeals lol

Thanks guys.

Original Poster

Hi guys i want to say thank you to every person who helped me out, and the good news is i was at a pound shop today and found a scart connect with the three prongs (red, white, & yellow) and a bit for s-video, i tryed it out and am happy to report it is a success.

Am going to now buy a freeview box with a hard drive and a projector screen, so if you got any of these for sale give me a shout.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844469
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?816
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers911

See more discussions