TV turns off when kitchen light turned off ??? WTF!!

Found 30th Dec 2011
Hey all, just installed a new fluorescent light in the Kitchen, all wiring perfect but when it is turned off the TV signal from Sky goes, and then it comes back on after a couple of seconds.

Can anyone explain?!

19 Comments

I'd suggest your wiring isn't perfect.

Cant say its not synchronised

Your haunted.

You have a poor signal!

littlepinkstarz

Your haunted.

Yea. Screw what I said about wiring, I only learnt how to fit a light switch yesterday anyway, so am probably quite wrong.

You have a poltergeist. Sweet dreams.

Please check the deeds of your house. It may be in the smallprint that your house was built on the site of an Indian burial ground.

Fluorescent lights make lots of things go crazy (including people) lol It could be the light hitting the IR sensor and switching off the TV but that's not very likely. I would think its because the TV has non shielded components that are very sensitive and fluorescent lights give off an electromagnetic field that will Interfere with the TV.

check ur wiring for this guy

http://www.tutorialgallery.com/scraps/scrap9/scary_images/orkut_scary_images_pictures9.gif

Bet you're glad you asked us now OP

your ring light wiring is connected to your main ring tv socket oO dunno

this used to happen when the heating kicked in but it has stopped now

Original Poster

Joey Bloggsy

your ring light wiring is connected to your main ring tv socket oO … your ring light wiring is connected to your main ring tv socket oO dunno

Lighting and sockets are on different circuits, I think it is the light personally sending a signal to the TV, because it flashes off then comes on, like someone has pressed the source button. Weird. Perhaps it was old stock in Wickes when I went there.

aircanman

Lighting and sockets are on different circuits, I think it is the light … Lighting and sockets are on different circuits, I think it is the light personally sending a signal to the TV, because it flashes off then comes on, like someone has pressed the source button. Weird. Perhaps it was old stock in Wickes when I went there.

Reposition your sky box and try again (_;)

Sounds like interference from the light. Dunno why it would happen unless you have an already low signal or poor cabling (Sky TV).

transit

Reposition your sky box and try again (_;)

Cracking idea. Reposition it, into a non-haunted house.

Gremlins

I suspect that the Sky installation is not up to par.

Poorly shielded components/cable can result in interference from many items, including this type of lamp causing problems like this.

I was watching one of those ghost shows where the womens tv would often conk out then turn back on, she blamed ghosts, turned out it was faulty electrics, but was more interesting to say her house was haunted and get a tv crew in to witness the non existent ghost.

It's a message from the dead. Check your lawn tomorrow to see if there is cat poo spelling out the words Red Rum.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions