Groups

TV Whizzkids... Is it time to buy the Hisense special offer and replace my Sony Bravia?

Morning all, just looking for some tech advice.

The Hisense 65" 4K TV is on a great offer now:

hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…929

I presently have the Sony Bravia KDL65W955BBU Smart 3D 65" LED TV which was on offer here last year:

hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…953

I am happy with my existing TV, but I recently moved to BT TV and they gave me an Ultra HD box which would benefit from having a 4K TV i'm sure.

Some swift educated opinion would be very much appreciated!!

9 Comments

JusticeForThe96

I am happy with my existing TV, but I recently moved to BT TV and they … I am happy with my existing TV, but I recently moved to BT TV and they gave me an Ultra HD box which would benefit from having a 4K TV i'm sure.

Only if you're sitting unusually close to the TV (circa 2m for 65") 4K doesn't add a lot to most people's setups.

Not a chance. If it were me id stick with your current tv.

I have a Samsung 4K 49'' and even from 6 meters away I can notice a big difference in picture quality.

Original Poster

JusticeForThe96

I am happy with my existing TV, but I recently moved to BT TV and they … I am happy with my existing TV, but I recently moved to BT TV and they gave me an Ultra HD box which would benefit from having a 4K TV i'm sure.

jamierichardson129

nokiafusion

I have a Samsung 4K 49'' and even from 6 meters away I can notice a big … I have a Samsung 4K 49'' and even from 6 meters away I can notice a big difference in picture quality.

I am about 7ft away so probably around 2 metres actually!

How come mate? Don't you think 4K makes that much of a difference?

I must admit, on other peoples televisions (all a little further away than mine is) I too could notice a little positive difference in the quality.

I think the uhd upscaling makes a big difference to 1080p

Original Poster

nokiafusion

I think the uhd upscaling makes a big difference to 1080p

I'm thinking that too mate, upscaling means everything gets that bit better basically doesn't it.

JusticeForThe96

jamierichardson129

nokiafusion

I have a Samsung 4K 49'' and even from 6 meters away I can notice a big … I have a Samsung 4K 49'' and even from 6 meters away I can notice a big difference in picture quality.

​i Think its too early yet and a great 1080p set is better than a mediocre 4k one.

All depends on what your willing to pay for the joy of 4k. Theres not many things out that are 4k compatible, then the ones that are, are expensive. If your going to be streaming 4k content then your internet speed better be fast (might need to get fiber, depending on area)

Netflix 3Mbps for SD, 25Mbps for 4K
    Prime 0.9Mbps for SD, 25Mbps for 4K
    YouTube 2Mbps for SD, 15Mbps for 4K

Edited by: "mclovin9091" 5th Dec 2016

Original Poster

mclovin9091

All depends on what your willing to pay for the joy of 4k. Theres not … All depends on what your willing to pay for the joy of 4k. Theres not many things out that are 4k compatible, then the ones that are, are expensive. If your going to be streaming 4k content then your internet speed better be fast (might need to get fiber, depending on area)Netflix 3Mbps for SD, 25Mbps for 4KPrime 0.9Mbps for SD, 25Mbps for 4KYouTube 2Mbps for SD, 15Mbps for 4K

Price has gone up now anyway mate.

But yeah I've got 52mb BT fibre and a BT Ultra HD box, which shows football in 4K
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions