TV with best sound??

Found 27th Dec 2017
My Mum is struggling with her hearing (even now she has just got hearing aids).

She's always had Sony TVs but has struggled to hear her last one.

She was advised that the sound on more modern TVs is never good and she bought a sound bar.

The sound bar is no longer working and she's wondering if anyone knows which TVs now may have the best sound. (Think she may need something quite bassey).

She seems to be able to hear her iPad better than a TV.

She only likes smallish screens.

Would be grateful for any advice xxx
Community Updates
AskElectronics
5 Comments
Your mum needs to invest in a room loop audio system for her hearing aids.
hearingloop.org/pla…htm

Annoying the neighbours by ramping up the sound isn't the way to go.
Thanks but it's the hearing aids she's struggling with. She finds they distort sound.
It's less to do with volume and more to do with sound quality.
She has an older Sony that she is able to understand at (the higher side of) normal volume, but a more modern and thinner Sony that she can't understand at any volume.
kester7619 h, 16 m ago

Your mum needs to invest in a room loop audio system for her hearing aids. …Your mum needs to invest in a room loop audio system for her hearing aids. http://www.hearingloop.org/places_hometv.htmAnnoying the neighbours by ramping up the sound isn't the way to go.

Luckily all the neighbours are elderly, and the apartments are well insulated so no problems there!
i am not sure i know the answer but from the tvs that i have

samsung
sony
lg

samsung is the best one for sound. i have extremely sensitive hearing so i am forever turning the tv volume down while my husband turns the tv volume up, and i find that i have to turn the volume down more frequently on the samsung than the sony or lg.

it sounds like i am in a cinema all bloody day as the sound is deafening because of my sensitivity to sound.
DianeFR57 m ago

Luckily all the neighbours are elderly, and the apartments are well …Luckily all the neighbours are elderly, and the apartments are well insulated so no problems there!

I'd probably invest in a surround sound system where the centre speaker handles the voices and everything else is pushed to the fronts and surrounds.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants