Groups

tv with built in freesat?

I'm trying to find if there are any TVs with freesat built in. please don't get confused with freeview.

I don't need to buy one asap, but want to find out so I can plan my entertainment systems before I start buying.

I've searched around And even though links looked promising, they mislead me.

8 Comments

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/301_3002_30002_xx_ba00004504-bv00298783/xx_xx_xx_xx_5-6-7-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-criteria.html

http://ao.com/l/tvs-freeview_hd_and_freesat_hd/1-104/107-108/

Just gotta use filters when searching websites.

Most LG sets have a satellite tuner. The only issue with them is there isn't an epg like freeview so the programmes are all over the place, i.e BBC 1 is something like channel number 64 and when you first do a search for the channels it stores them in the order it finds them. If you want a proper freesat set up then you will be possibly better off buying a dedicated box by Humax or similar who will have either paid for, or designed their own set up so the programme channels are where they should be.

I believe the answer above has confused the concept that freesat and tv's with a freesat tuner are the same and they are not so be careful when buying a tv with a satellite socket on the back thinking it has freesat. If it has it will be advertised as such but if it just has a satellite tuner, chances are it won't even be mentioned in the spec. I made this mistake with my LG purchased last year thinking it has freesat because it has a satellite connection on the back. I was disappointed when I found it was just a tuner.
    Edited by: "Smartguy1" 22nd Nov 2016

Smartguy1

Most LG sets have a satellite tuner. The only issue with them is there … Most LG sets have a satellite tuner. The only issue with them is there isn't an epg like freeview so the programmes are all over the place, i.e BBC 1 is something like channel number 64 and when you first do a search for the channels it stores them in the order it finds them. If you want a proper freesat set up then you will be possibly better off buying a dedicated box by Humax or similar who will have either paid for, or designed their own set up so the programme channels are where they should be.I believe the answer above has confused the concept that freesat and tv's with a freesat tuner are the same and they are not so be careful when buying a tv with a satellite socket on the back thinking it has freesat. If it has it will be advertised as such but if it just has a satellite tuner, chances are it won't even be mentioned in the spec. I made this mistake with my LG purchased last year thinking it has freesat because it has a satellite connection on the back. I was disappointed when I found it was just a tuner.

Freesat is a specific system, it's not a generic word. To use the freesat brand a device has to meet a number of requirements and certifications including a 7 day epg in a specific freesat format which is the same across all the devices.

Panasonic have some models with Freesat "Freetime" EPG - the one where you roll back the EPG for catchup!

dcx_badass

Freesat is a specific system, it's not a generic word. To use the freesat … Freesat is a specific system, it's not a generic word. To use the freesat brand a device has to meet a number of requirements and certifications including a 7 day epg in a specific freesat format which is the same across all the devices.

Yes I know that thank you. As my post tried to explain to the op not to be confused that just because a tv has a satellite connection, i.e. a satellite tuner, that it has freesat when in most cases it just has a free to air satellite receiver built in. dcx_badass though has indicated though that some Panasonic models have Freesat Freetime with an epg which I would guess is what the op is after.

Smartguy1

Yes I know that thank you. As my post tried to explain to the op not to … Yes I know that thank you. As my post tried to explain to the op not to be confused that just because a tv has a satellite connection, i.e. a satellite tuner, that it has freesat when in most cases it just has a free to air satellite receiver built in. dcx_badass though has indicated though that some Panasonic models have Freesat Freetime with an epg which I would guess is what the op is after.

LG & Samsung also do freesat hd/freetime sets. Richer Sounds lists 53 different models.
    richersounds.com/pro…tvs

Original Poster

thanks for the info, yes I would need the freesat with the freetime epg built in. (not used any freesat before, but assuming this is the most standard and up-to-date version of what I can get).

I don't want a dedicated box as I want the wall mount the TV, with minimal extras.

I'm at work at the moment, but will check out the links and info tonight. thanks everyone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions