Tvs over 55”

Posted 7th Oct
I’m wanting to buy a new tv for the living room over 55”, I know nothing about all this 4K malarkey and thought I’d ask for your input. I want a good picture, good sound and it will be used with a PS4.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
What's your Budget
tomdavidrichards07/10/2019 19:03

What's your Budget

£1000
But preferably less if possible 😄
Edited by: "joannegarvey100" 7th Oct
Cheap soundbar around £50 will beat most TV speakers. But definitely worth having a nose at richer sounds Curry's etc as everyone has different views on what's good. For me it's being very bright, and ability to completely turn off smooth motion.
Firstly have a look at this techradar.com/new…-us
Then decide what type you want.
Note some will be expensive but the main thing is to decide if you want an OLED (or equivalent) or just a flat screen TV.

Compare the different models with the features and decide if you really want them.

Then decide on the make a model.

When to buy is crucial as well if you are prepared to wait then black Friday or just before Christmas is a good time and last year's models will be cheaper.
Judging from your comment, you ain't the type to really see the difference between the. Very high end or low end. It's about 10% difference if I'm honest. Buy a budget Hisense , it will suffice perfectly well
You want low latency for gaming, you won’t get monitor speed at that range but some TVs are below 20 on game mode. I spent a week looking at reviews and reading up on the TVs before buying, also on what the different features do. People here including myself will give advice but it’s personal to what we need or could be wrong. Google and research is the best
adamderak07/10/2019 23:11

Judging from your comment, you ain't the type to really see the difference …Judging from your comment, you ain't the type to really see the difference between the. Very high end or low end. It's about 10% difference if I'm honest. Buy a budget Hisense , it will suffice perfectly well

There is massive difference between high end and budget. Even mid range which is what op will get for that money is worth it. Depends on what you are watching and what input source you are using and you have to calibrate the set for the individual room it’s in. Comparing TVs next to each other in a shop doesn’t work as they are all just stool on brightest.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants