Groups

Twilight Hack (Wii) - Need help on how to avoid updates

Am going to carry out the Twilight hack on my wii tonight, whats the best way on how to avoid updating the wii ?

Will delete network settings, is there anything I can do to avoid updates from the wii games ?

Thanks,

Will Rep !

13 Comments

just go into settings and turn off connect24. there is also an app that can be installed through the homebrew channel to allow original games to be played without checking for updates.

check here for more info ]here, tutorial 3 is the one to read.

I believe Starfall does this.

Use WiiBrickBlocker before you burn your back-ups.

Banned

brickblocker isnt needed

install preloaderthat will allow region free gaming and no updates aswell as a handful of other stuff
    turning wiiconnect 24 off will stop recieving updates but so will clicking NO when it asks if you want to update

just to make sure i have starfall installed and use wiibrickblocker to patch the games.

Banned

starfall is out dated
    preloader is the way forward

Am thinking of doing this too sometime, if it does update will it just mean having to re mod the Wii? or will it brick it?

Original Poster

sancho1983;4271921

Am thinking of doing this too sometime, if it does update will it just … Am thinking of doing this too sometime, if it does update will it just mean having to re mod the Wii? or will it brick it?

Not sure, think it might brick it ?

Thanks everyone, repped all !

Banned

no the previous updates didnt brick it and i cant see nintendo bricking the consoles on purpose
    it just removed the twilight hack but if you had the homebrew channel on already you could still use the homebrew

you can only brick your console with a update if you put in a different region game and it has a update on it
    but with preloader that wouldnt happen anyways

Original Poster

Thanks crispwarez !

just found out my firmware is 3.3E, anyone got a straightforward tutorial on how to hack please ?

Cheers !

Use verbatum DVD-R's, I had a 324 error and couldnt find out why until I tried these

hiya, sorry i tried googling everything on here, trying to understand, but finding it abit hard...

i wanna copy the games, what do i need to do.. would a normal ISO work??.. as long as my wii is not conntected to the net??..

or do i need to use preloader??? and can i just do that on a ISO file or will i need to re-do the whole thing (copy it again)??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      2. What is there free to do in your town?25
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions