Groups
    EXPIRED

Twin Tuner Freeview PVR

Can anyone suggest a good, cheap freeview PVR with twin tuners? It must be able to record two channels at once and, ideally, play back a recording at the same time.

Thanks,

Jon.

12 Comments

Have you tried using the "Search" function?

Original Poster

Yes thanks.

"Yes" you've already tried it and couldn't find anything, or "Yes" you've sinced found it?

Check out this thread

]http//ww…265

Original Poster

Sorry, I meant "Yes I've searched and not found anything".

Searching for "twin tuner PVR" I found lots that don't record 2 channels at the same time and lots of expired deals.

I did find the refurbished digifusion boxes from micro direct but was concerned by the comments about reliability problems.

Ta,

Jon.

Original Poster

barneydog

Check out this … Check out this thread]http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103265

That's a good thread - thank you!

Original Poster

That's a good thread barneydog - thanks.

Original Poster

Thanks guys - I've gone for the Thomson 160GB from JohnLewis. Ordered an acceptance card for £1 to get the free delivery and used a £10 off code so it cost £90.95.

I also visited the site via Quidco so I think I should get another 8% off. Not sure though - I've not used Quidco before and nothing is showing in my earnings yet.

people often advocate using a voucher code and quidco when ordering from John Lewis. But when you go to John Lewis on Quidco it saysthey will not give cashback if a voucher is used. Can people who have tried voucher and Quidco for JL say whether the cashback does sometimes track and get paid - is it worth the punt?

Original Poster

It's now showing under my tracked transactions, but is not yet validated. Will let you know if/when it gets validated/paid/rejected.

I've never failed to get Quidco through JL even when using a voucher. Another tip with the Thomson box is, if you have no intention of using the topup tv free trial, don't even open it up - sell it unused on ebay. A poster got £38.50 for his/hers, making the net cost of the Thomson approx £47!

Original Poster

Quidco has recorded the transaction value as £5.04 which is 5% rather than the 8% I thought I'd get. Having read the JohnLewis listing in Quidco again I see that this is because "Audio and TV" items get 5% and I had only noticed "Electricals" at 8%.

I have no interest in TopUp TV so will definitely be putting that on eBay! Thanks bellboys.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mobile phone advice needed please22
      2. 34 inch Ultrawide Monitor Suggestions22
      3. Need Some Help Connecting An Old Laptop To A New TV22
      4. Chessington world of adventure21

See more discussions