1. Twitch Deals
Groups

[Twitch] New Subscriber 'Tiers' Leaked (Confirmed As True 18:00 - 19/4)

It appears that Twitch is introducing a brand new set of tiers for subscription fees you can have, one priced at $9.99 and another at a steeper $24.99.

https://i2.wp.com/mmoexaminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/mQ2nkJU.jpg?w=648

Source:
    [http://mmoexaminer.com/leaked-twitch-subscription-tiers-expensive/]

Confirmed
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9ylcZUXsAAqOhs.jpg
    [https://twitter.com/Twitch/status/854739939140960256]

15 Comments

Option 3: No thanks; opt-out.

Original Poster

fanpages

Option 3: No thanks; opt-out.

Personally I use twitch prime, so hopefully, that isn't affected since it's mainly to do with Amazon. But it just seems like 'buy five subs in advance and get a sixth for free.'

Is it you are buying six months worth of subs though or just massively overpaying for a single month? As I interpret it both ways

joey1352

Is it you are buying six months worth of subs though or just massively … Is it you are buying six months worth of subs though or just massively overpaying for a single month? As I interpret it both ways

This is for twitch partners not subscribers, I think you are looking at it incorrectly. It's additional prices for subs to pay, per month, and the number of subscribers you have affects certain things. So say you have 10 subscribers paying 4.99, that's 49.90 and 10 subscribers. Now you can have have 2 more generous? Subscribers paying 24.99 each per month and that gives you 49.98 and 12 subscribers.

That's how I'm reading it.

I don't understand this. I thought twitch was free. Why pay?

The constant banging on about subs by COHH put me off his channel.

dudwood_fudwood

I don't understand this. I thought twitch was free. Why pay?

It's free to watch, but people choose to support their favorite streamers, by donations and subscriptions, used to be just available at 4.99 (streamer gets a % but they can't disclose as everyone is different and people would fight) now there's more expensive tiers for people to give them more money. It's large amounts of money we are talking about though for the top streamers. Take 10,000 subs for example (not the top person on twitch I imagine) is 20k+ per month plus donations.
    Edited by: "AndrewRoss" 19th Apr

AndrewRoss

It's free to watch, but people choose to support their favorite … It's free to watch, but people choose to support their favorite streamers, by donations and subscriptions, used to be just available at 4.99 (streamer gets a % but they can't disclose as everyone is different and people would fight) now there's more expensive tiers for people to give them more money. It's large amounts of money we are talking about though for the top streamers. Take 10,000 subs for example (not the top person on twitch I imagine) is 20k+ per month plus donations.

So people pay for content that is already free? Is this what the streamers bang on about that people have subbed? I feel so old.

dudwood_fudwood

So people pay for content that is already free? Is this what the … So people pay for content that is already free? Is this what the streamers bang on about that people have subbed? I feel so old.

Yeah, watching is free, supporting the streamer costs what you want it to. Saw a guy once say, "won't be on tomorrow car needs work" - Bing donation received - 900 get your car fixed. "Yeah but I still won't be on need to take it in myself" - Bing donation received - 300 give this to a friend to take it. "Ok I'll be on tomorrow".

Some people have too much money it seems.

AndrewRoss

Yeah, watching is free, supporting the streamer costs what you want it … Yeah, watching is free, supporting the streamer costs what you want it to. Saw a guy once say, "won't be on tomorrow car needs work" - Bing donation received - 900 get your car fixed. "Yeah but I still won't be on need to take it in myself" - Bing donation received - 300 give this to a friend to take it. "Ok I'll be on tomorrow".Some people have too much money it seems.

I can't grasp the concept of paying a stranger a subscription fee of anything nevermind $24.99 each month for nothing. Could just buy the game!

dudwood_fudwood

I can't grasp the concept of paying a stranger a subscription fee of … I can't grasp the concept of paying a stranger a subscription fee of anything nevermind $24.99 each month for nothing. Could just buy the game!

Yeah it's not about playing the game, it's hard to get subscribers the top people usually in my opinion have really annoying personalities but that resonates with the younger generation I guess. They want them to be online as much as possible, that means them doing nothing else so they need an income for it. More money equals more videos, more videos about more things etc. But yeah there's massive amounts of money involved at the top end.

AndrewRoss

Yeah, watching is free, supporting the streamer costs what you want it … Yeah, watching is free, supporting the streamer costs what you want it to. Saw a guy once say, "won't be on tomorrow car needs work" - Bing donation received - 900 get your car fixed. "Yeah but I still won't be on need to take it in myself" - Bing donation received - 300 give this to a friend to take it. "Ok I'll be on tomorrow".Some people have too much money it seems.

Absolutely ridiculous

What's an emote? Is it as pointless as I think it is?

splatsplatsplat

What's an emote? Is it as pointless as I think it is?

oO

AndrewRoss

Yeah it's not about playing the game, it's hard to get subscribers the … Yeah it's not about playing the game, it's hard to get subscribers the top people usually in my opinion have really annoying personalities but that resonates with the younger generation I guess. They want them to be online as much as possible, that means them doing nothing else so they need an income for it. More money equals more videos, more videos about more things etc. But yeah there's massive amounts of money involved at the top end.

This is crazy. I thought they just made a little bit through advertising etc. I agree about annoying streamers though. I generally skip the top streams and view something lower down. TBH I only really use Twitch to see games before I buy.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?918
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1637
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2590
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1220

See more discussions