Groups
    EXPIRED

//::::::Twitter Black Ops Giveaway::::::\\ [ @Hotukdeals & @Dealspwn ] Winners Announced every hour!!

Coming soon... Black Ops Giveaway.. Follow us on Twitter and be in with a chance of winning

Already followed and then?

***NOTE***

Any entries not adding the #winblackops hashtag WILL NOT APPEAR IN THE ENTRANTS LIST! It's important you use it! @hotukdeals @dealspwn

Straight from the horses mouth.

example @hotukdeals "Answer" #winblackops

Sadly I failed the first question based on this.

-----------------

There’s a Call of Duty: Black Ops giveaway happening tonight, courtesy of HUKD and Dealspwn. Be there – 6pm until midnight – we’re going to be giving away copies of Activision’s new shooter on the hour, every hour.

You lucky, lucky people. That’s right, you’d better get following Dealspwn and HUKD on Twitter, ladies and gents, because tonight we’re going to be having something of a party. No, I’m not talking about the kind of party where you drink too much, throw up into a pot plant and blame it on the neighbour’s dog, this is a Twitter party. So get following, prepare yourselves with snacks and sustenance, because we’re about to have it large…cyberspace style!

This is how things are going to work. Every hour between 6pm and midnight there’ll be a question going up on either the @Dealspwn or @HotUKDeals stream. We’ll be kicking things off at six and then alternating proceedings into the night like so:

•6pm – Dealspwn
    •7pm – HUKD
    •8pm – Dealspwn
    •9pm – HUKD
    •10pm – Dealspwn
    •11pm – HUKD
    •Midnight – Dealspwn
    All you need to do is reply with the answer and the #winblackops hashtag within the hour.

Individual question contests will last an hour, after which five winners with the correct answer will be chosen at random for each question. You can expect the 6pm winners to be announced at 7.30, the 7pm winners to be announced at 8.30 and so on.

A few house rules:

•One entry per account per question. You’re welcome to compete in all of the question contests, but the maximum you’ll win is one copy.
    •One entrant per household.
    •UK entrants only.
    We’ll be popping messages through to the lucky winners so watch your DM inboxes!

Winners

•6-7pm: @lisanorfolk, @chica_lisa88, @R0CKYFELLA, @glegod, @linzakastar
    •7-8pm: @steven_toplis @AndyTurner123 @LethalUK @RoboMKII @jay_bizness
    •8-9pm: @The_Sabreman, @TinyJesticles, @kimmyl30, @888eyeball, @Dan_Thrax
    •9-10pm: @gari189, @Cooperman_UK, @MrRedMist, @LeeBek, @munkynutz84
    •10-11pm: @psychden, @obiwakka, @romessax, @babybluegreer, @michldavis
    •11-12pm: @DeekG43, @hannahfarrellx, @ants97, @oasis1317, @Jake360
    •12-1am: @cheesemp, @igoodguy, @mcnally32, @mtmannion, @FondantMoose

409 Comments

Original Poster

Update follow dealspawn and then?

its only for those who sign up after the start of the comp

Presume it will just be some kind of ramdom draw of from all the twits (or should that be tweets )

Banned

well at least they have worked out how to keep the banner up there, even when logged in

When do i win it?

sassie

well at least they have worked out how to keep the banner up there, even … well at least they have worked out how to keep the banner up there, even when logged in

Luckily there is a little cross to eliminate it!

The prizes won't be sent out until well after the launch - admin is waiting to see if Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda/Morrisons are selling it for £25 before he buys any copies.....

Or maybe he got some ordered from that poor ebayer Sy bankrupted....

Edited by: "gari189" 3rd Nov 2010

gari189

The prizes won't be sent out until well after the launch - admin is … The prizes won't be sent out until well after the launch - admin is waiting to see if Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda/Morrisons is selling it for £25 before he buys any.....

Haha

Banned

And then if you manage to win you will get your copy sometime after christmas if your lucky

gari189

The prizes won't be sent out until well after the launch - admin is … The prizes won't be sent out until well after the launch - admin is waiting to see if Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda/Morrisons are selling it for £25 before he buys any copies.....

Unless they're from Zavvi...next christmas?

Admin

Be patient We'll be putting out info and updates via Twitter so keep watching for them this week

juliet_bravo

Be patient We'll be putting out info and updates via Twitter so keep … Be patient We'll be putting out info and updates via Twitter so keep watching for them this week

Why Twitter JB?

I don't tweet!

Original Poster

juliet_bravo

Be patient We'll be putting out info and updates via Twitter so keep … Be patient We'll be putting out info and updates via Twitter so keep watching for them this week

Oh it's like that is it.

wish these comps were just for loyal HUKDERS in some way instead of having to sign up to FOLK like last time,or twitter etc etc-I have no desire to sign up to twitter,facebook,folk or anything else-can we not just have a straight comp for hukd users,entered on hukd?

Original Poster

barky

wish these comps were just for loyal HUKDERS in some way instead of … wish these comps were just for loyal HUKDERS in some way instead of having to sign up to FOLK like last time,or twitter etc etc-I have no desire to sign up to twitter,facebook,folk or anything else-can we not just have a straight comp for hukd users,entered on hukd?

Won't get them new users, my chance of winning has now ended.

Admin

Adam2050

Oh it's like that is it.

Yeah!!

chesso

Why Twitter JB?I don't tweet!

Erm b/c it's a Twitter comp lol.. we'll have plenty for everyone in the run up to Christmas though so don't worry

barky

wish these comps were just for loyal HUKDERS in some way instead of … wish these comps were just for loyal HUKDERS in some way instead of having to sign up to FOLK like last time,or twitter etc etc-I have no desire to sign up to twitter,facebook,folk or anything else-can we not just have a straight comp for hukd users,entered on hukd?

well said Barky!! Should be limited to users with say 1000 posts minimum

chesso

Why Twitter JB?I don't tweet!

Its a promotion to get you to follow their Tweets..............the more people they have signed up the more free advertising they can do and the more business the site (Hotdeals) gets....

PS Chesso - I don't tweet either - guess I'm going to have to investigate......

Original Poster

juliet_bravo

Yeah!! Erm b/c it's a Twitter comp lol.. we'll have plenty for everyone … Yeah!! Erm b/c it's a Twitter comp lol.. we'll have plenty for everyone in the run up to Christmas though so don't worry

As i'm not likely to get much for christmas can I win top prize please and for my generous disagreements with you this year I deserve of course.

It would be nice to have a post in this thread to win comp.

Then have two threads one for regulars and one for lurkers and newbies.

Admin

barky

As I just said to Chesso, there's a couple of HUKD promos and comps coming up which everyone on HUKD can enter

Banned

juliet_bravo

Yeah!! Erm b/c it's a Twitter comp lol.. we'll have plenty for everyone … Yeah!! Erm b/c it's a Twitter comp lol.. we'll have plenty for everyone in the run up to Christmas though so don't worry

i dont actually have a twitter, if i create one and follow you will that count? do i need to be following a certain number of people etc?

Banned

juliet_bravo

great some of us cant abide the likes of twitter or facething.. so then updates where then via pm or smoke signals ?

roryk83

well said Barky!! Should be limited to users with say 1000 posts minimum

Nah - just limit it to those with accounts at least 4 years old.....X)

On a more serious note - every competition has its flaws (though the matchstick one worked well) - relax and enjoy. As long as they don't ask us to get creative......really hate those ones.....

gari189

Its a promotion to get you to follow their Tweets..............the more … Its a promotion to get you to follow their Tweets..............the more people they have signed up the more free advertising they can do and the more business the site (Hotdeals) gets....

I expect you are right.
    I have just wandered over there to have a look. I had to google as I couldn't find a link on here. ( Is there a link to the HUKD twitter,normally, straight from HUKD??)
    Twitter looks like a random mess to me.
    Edited by: "chesso" 3rd Nov 2010

Original Poster

dog_cop

great some of us cant abide the likes of twitter or facething.. so then … great some of us cant abide the likes of twitter or facething.. so then updates where then via pm or smoke signals ?

I'm sure it will be mentioned here, unless there's a sign up or we suffer loss of life?

Banned

gari189

Nah - just limit it to those with accounts at least 4 years old.....

limit it to those who dont have a twitter account.. that's more fair

juliet_bravo

Erm b/c it's a Twitter comp lol.. we'll have plenty for everyone in the … Erm b/c it's a Twitter comp lol.. we'll have plenty for everyone in the run up to Christmas though so don't worry

I'll let you off then!

Banned

juliet_bravo

yeah all those who have been on the site about ten mins * rolling eyes smiley*

well, I have no complaints. Good luck to those entering!

Any chance you can make the banner actually stay away when I close it? I get rid of it with the close button, click on a different page and it's back again. Seems rather pointless having the close button to me.

Admin

What are you lot like?! X) We're not forcing you to do anything, you can join in or you don't have to.
    As I've said twice now, if this one's not for you then wait for one of the other comps which will be coming up soon.

Dangergod, no min followers needed, it won't be beneficial to people to sign up multiple Twitter accounts though b/c of the way the promotion itself is going to work so that's absolutely fine.

Imafish2002 we had problems with the bar disappearing, we're now having the opposite issue but our Dev Monkies are working on it. Expect a fix sometime next year (_;)

Banned

imafish2002

Any chance you can make the banner actually stay away when I close it? I … Any chance you can make the banner actually stay away when I close it? I get rid of it with the close button, click on a different page and it's back again. Seems rather pointless having the close button to me.

doesnt for me, i am using firefox, unless you mean leave hukd and come back in a fresh browser

actually shut hukd page down, opened again and its still not come back
    Edited by: "sassie" 3rd Nov 2010

Congratulations, you have won a copy of Black Ops on the PS3.

Please wait 365 days for delivery of item.

Original Poster

On IE not come back for me.

The banner is gone for me as well. That means that only 25, or so, of us willl ever know about the comp!

chesso

Luckily there is a little cross to eliminate it!

lol didn't see it - thanks for pointing it out

How do you permanently get rid of the banner appearing?????

I still havent received my hukd tshirt from 5 months ago?

juliet_bravo

Erm b/c it's a Twitter comp lol.. we'll have plenty for everyone in the … Erm b/c it's a Twitter comp lol.. we'll have plenty for everyone in the run up to Christmas though so don't worry

Nobody worry, JB has confirmed they will have enough copies of Black Ops for everyone

Post a tweet @HUKD then Follow dealspwn then post something for sale on fo.lk and your entry is complete. thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions