Twitter - Change Your Password (heads up)

Found 3rd May
Twitter messed up the hashing of passwords on all accounts. It looks like you'll have to change them now - good idea to enable 2FA too for extra peace of mind.

Extract from Twitter's blog

When you set a password for your Twitter account, we use technology that masks it so no one at the company can see it. We recently identified a bug that stored passwords unmasked in an internal log. We have fixed the bug, and our investigation shows no indication of breach or misuse by anyone.
Out of an abundance of caution, we ask that you consider changing your password on all services where you’ve used this password. You can change your Twitter password anytime by going to the password settings page.
Community Updates
Misc
6 Comments
Meh, so someone can log into my account and post some incoherent text messages.
splatsplatsplat5 m ago

Meh, so someone can log into my account and post some incoherent text …Meh, so someone can log into my account and post some incoherent text messages.

My main concern would be people accessing my 3rd party accounts which have Twitter sign in enabled.
I don't really use twitter, is that like when you sign in to various websites using facebork? Might be an idea, not to do that and log in in de pendant lee.
splatsplatsplat8 h, 16 m ago

I don't really use twitter, is that like when you sign in to various …I don't really use twitter, is that like when you sign in to various websites using facebork? Might be an idea, not to do that and log in in de pendant lee.

Yes it's like Facebook sign in. I enabled 2FA so it should be safe
Changed my password from qwerty to 123456... I'm safe now
wayners8 m ago

Changed my password from qwerty to 123456... I'm safe now

Change it back to the original password just to add more confusion.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants