//::::::Twitter Gran Turismo Giveaway::::::\\ [ @Hotukdeals & @Dealspwn ] Winners Announced every hour!!

378 replies
Found 24th Nov 2010
Sometimes the best kind of party is a surprise party. So…erm…SURPRISE!!!

Come 6pm you’d better get your tweeting fingers at the ready because it’s time for another Twitter party. To celebrate the release of Gran Turismo 5 (finally!) we’re going to be giving you all the chance to win a shiny new copy of the game. If you took part in our massive Black Ops giveaway then you already know how this is going to go down, but if not don’t worry, it’s really easy to take part.

This is how things are going to work. Every hour, on the hour, between 6pm and midnight there’ll be a question going up on either [email protected] or @HotUKDeals stream. We’ll be kicking things off at six and then alternating proceedings into the night like so:

•6pm – Dealspwn
•7pm – HUKD
•8pm – Dealspwn
•9pm – HUKD
•10pm – Dealspwn
•11pm – HUKD
All you need to do is reply with the answer and the #winGT5 hashtag within the hour.

Individual question contests will last an hour, after which five winners with the correct answer will be chosen at random for each question. You can expect the 6pm winners to be announced at 7.30, the 7pm winners to be announced at 8.30 and so on.

A few house rules:

•One entry will be accepted per account per question. You’re welcome to compete in all of the question contests, but the maximum you’ll win is one copy.
•One entrant per household.
•UK entrants only.
Good luck!

Answers powered by VB1 Fight-For-HUKD-Winners promotion team (Admin Approved):

Answer 1: @Dealspwn 1998 #winGT5
Answer 2: @HotUKDeals Rapture #winGT5
Answer 3: @Dealspwn Grim Fandango #winGT5
Answer 4: @HotUKDeals Alyx Vance #winGT5
Answer 5: @Dealspwn Echidna #winGT5
Answer 6: @HotUKDeals Purple! #winGT5

WINNERS

@SpamJaffo @Ninja0770 @Xenoliath @blackthornbest @rickyleestaines - Q1
@lilly_loll @numptyj @chrisclark01 @mrstyles @isaacBD - Q2
@buddybanana @The_Patonator @cathieb @WinterSoldier5 @jazferbetay - Q3
@uglybeautyqueen @pimpedupmonkey @cockerjake @hodsey77 @adamlunn - Q4
@Keithoms @nadinemariek @michldavis @FemiKaseram @zoenmya - Q5
@ross_mcmanus @dark_knight88 @geekslashgamer @jamespir @the2020 - Q6

378 Comments

Original Poster

Linky

Easiest guide.

@Dealspwn or @HotUKDeals will ask a question

You will reply to the 'user' it will alternate between each every hour.

It is important you reply with #winGT5 otherwise your entry will not be counted.

@HotUKDeals ANSWER #winGT5

@Dealspwn ANSWER #winGT5

Edited by: "Adam2050" 24th Nov 2010

Oh you're fast!

nice to see more competitions-shame the game is such a HUGE letdown-looks to me like sony got fed up with the delays and just released it anyways and to hell with the quality

Sloth/Mod

I'll hold off buying it for now then

Original Poster

emmajk42

Oh you're fast!

I'm enjoying these annoucement, love the suspense. Keep up the good works. And where's JB to slap me.

Original Poster

Syzable

I'll hold off buying it for now then

InB4 Sy wins the lot, I already know your going to win one.

Banned

ok, im gunna give this a go tonight! gunna get me a twitter!

Sloth/Mod

Adam2050

InB4 Sy wins the lot, I already know your going to win one.

Hope so.............didn't win COD

If i don't then maybe someone who wins who already has it will sell it in FS/FT cheap X)

Banned

do i need to sign up with my hukd user name or no? how do they know who it was from this site?

Sloth/Mod

DangerGod

do i need to sign up with my hukd user name or no? how do they know who … do i need to sign up with my hukd user name or no? how do they know who it was from this site?

Don't need to be from this site..............sign up as whatever you like. They message you on Twitter if you win. (Or that's how the COD one worked)

Banned

Syzable

Don't need to be from this site..............sign up as whatever you … Don't need to be from this site..............sign up as whatever you like. They message you on Twitter if you win. (Or that's how the COD one worked)

ok thanks darling

Sloth/Mod

DangerGod

ok thanks darling

You're welcome sweet cheeks. x

Banned

I will definitely win this.

Admin

Adam2050

I'm enjoying these annoucement, love the suspense. Keep up the good … I'm enjoying these annoucement, love the suspense. Keep up the good works. And where's JB to slap me.

Here! Em asked me if I should put up a thread with the banner and I told her you'd do it lol

That was quick though, 45 secs by my count!

Good luck everyone, we'll get them ALL from the same supplier this time so dispatch will be superfast

Edited by: "juliet_bravo" 24th Nov 2010

Sloth/Mod

juliet_bravo

Here! Em asked me if I should put up a thread with the banner and I told … Here! Em asked me if I should put up a thread with the banner and I told her you'd do it lolThat was quick though, 45 secs by my count!Good luck everyone, we'll get them ALL from the same supplier this time so dispatch will be superfast

Can i win please??

Same rules as last time??

Original Poster

juliet_bravo

Here! Em asked me if I should put up a thread with the banner and I told … Here! Em asked me if I should put up a thread with the banner and I told her you'd do it lolThat was quick though, 45 secs by my count!Good luck everyone, we'll get them ALL from the same supplier this time so dispatch will be superfast

Slow on my count!

oh noes thats means gotta be on twitter amazon here cooking dinner etc etc etc .....tick tick BOOM

Make one a Sig Edition X)

Original Poster

ilovepink

oh noes thats means gotta be on twitter amazon here cooking dinner etc … oh noes thats means gotta be on twitter amazon here cooking dinner etc etc etc .....tick tick BOOM

Indeed it will be a struggle.

Im in for this! Hopefully I might win!
(Doubtful tho...)

Banned

juliet_bravo

inb4 people start crying

<----- hypocrite.

Banned

Don't think you can even give this game away judging by the reviews and the public reception.

Do we reply using a direct message or just @DealSpwn ...? Can't say I use Twitter very often so not sure....

Original Poster

@Dealspwn or @HotUKDeals stream

@Dealspwn ANSWER #winGT5

Admin

yep and it'll be alternating every hour like last time. We'll make sure everyone knows the score before we're live

Banned

@Dealspwn ANSWER #winGT5

so we just have to reply to either of them and not both?

Original Poster

juliet_bravo

yep and it'll be alternating every hour like last time. We'll make sure … yep and it'll be alternating every hour like last time. We'll make sure everyone knows the score before we're live

My guess is this will not be the last game you guys will give away, last times response was very good.

Original Poster

DangerGod

so we just have to reply to either of them and not both?

As JB states the competition switches between each of these 'users'

A question is declared and you reply direct to that 'user' either @HotUKDeals or @Dealspwn.

Banned

Adam2050

As JB states the competition switches between each of these 'users'A … As JB states the competition switches between each of these 'users'A question is declared and you reply direct to that 'user' either @HotUKDeals or @Dealspwn.

kk im with ya dawg.

Still waiting for black ops to come from the last comp.

Aren't these comps twitterist (I don't have twitter)

Original Poster

greg_68

Aren't these comps twitterist (I don't have twitter)

Worth signing up for.

Sloth/Mod

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.................Twitter????

That's torn it............thought someone told me to............

http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/slap.gif

Banned

Syzable

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.................Twitter????That's torn … Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.................Twitter????That's torn it............thought someone told me to............

Twatter

Original Poster

Oh I just got it.

Good luck Adam - hope you win one for your efforts in this and last thread.......

niiiiice, no doubt I wont win lol but i'll enter anyway.

So there's 6 draws and 5 copies being given away in each? Pretty generous! Better make sure i'm home before 7!

I've just added this to the dealspwn thread as a lot of people were confused about how to answer last time.

For example, if this is the question:

What year was the first COD game released? RT with your answer before … What year was the first COD game released? RT with your answer before 7pm. #winGT5

If the question came from Dealspwn, then you should answer:

@dealspwn 2003 #winGT5

Or if the question came from HUKD, then answer:

@hotukdeals 2003 #winGT5

another comp I won't win whilst members who never contribute to the site walk away with the prizes
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Do I need fabric conditioner?33
    2. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas56
    3. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?51
    4. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project34

See more discussions