Groups

twitter - who do i need to follow?

only really started tweeting regularly recently.

who should i be following?
    so far i'm following:
    stephen fry
    jonathon ross
    google
    fearne cotton
    scott mills
    david mitchell
    google
    htc
    and a few friends...

30 Comments

Banned

there isnt a set list

choose who you are interested in, bands, authors, actors etc........... at least get charlie brooker in tho

Original Poster

[QUOTE=casparwhite;8320443]there isnt a set list
    /QUOTE]

true, but surely theres a few 'celebs' who regularly update and are actually themselves. will definitely add charlie brooker

chrisdjmoyles

David Haye

how on earth do you find people on there? I just signed up and searched for stephen fry but just got loads of stuff about him ... how do I find him?! It look sreally confusing at the moment - also can it be set to just UK do you know?!

your following fearne cotton for that alone you should be banned from twitter.

Original Poster

ants97;8320505

your following fearne cotton for that alone you should be banned from … your following fearne cotton for that alone you should be banned from twitter.

lol

true, but i recently i've spent hours listening to her go on about it on the radio at work so i thought i'd have a look...

i dont get it either :?

emhaslam;8320550

loltrue, but i recently i've spent hours listening to her go on about it … loltrue, but i recently i've spent hours listening to her go on about it on the radio at work so i thought i'd have a look...

it's really easy to unfollow her.

I'll throw in my populist recommendation twitter.com/Aly…ano

she actually tweets stuff that is usually worthwhile reading. some great links but it's just a case of searching for people stuff your interested in. Mine is full of sci stuff, politics and football.

one final recommendation is twitter.com/opt…joe posts some great football stats.

mr.potato_head;8320660

]@Glinner Writer of Father Ted, Black Books.]Simon Pegg]Boing Boing Funny … ]@Glinner Writer of Father Ted, Black Books.]Simon Pegg]Boing Boing Funny Website]Jimmy Carrand of course ]HotukdealsWhats your username on twitter?

mines LFC_lyndsey..... how do you get to see normal people :?

lfc_engravedonheart;8320704

mines LFC_lyndsey..... how do you get to see normal people :?

Tomorrow they do something called followfriday where you are mean to recommend people to follow that you enjoy.

People you are following will do this so you can find people that way. Also during popular events people will tweet as it happens e.g when Liverpool are playing.

Just type Liverpool in the search box and I'm sure you will find other Liverpool supporters to follow etc

can you limit it to info from the Uk at all?

Laffy42;8320498

how on earth do you find people on there? I just signed up and searched … how on earth do you find people on there? I just signed up and searched for stephen fry but just got loads of stuff about him ... how do I find him?! It look sreally confusing at the moment - also can it be set to just UK do you know?!

Type in ]@stephenfry into the search box

sarajcox

very funny

Laffy42;8320793

can you limit it to info from the Uk at all?

What do you mean?

You only follow people that you choose so just choose to follow people from the UK.

mr.potato_head;8320816

What do you mean?You only follow people that you choose so just choose to … What do you mean?You only follow people that you choose so just choose to follow people from the UK.

As soon as I signed up, I typed in some search stuff and got loads of posts from America - just wondered if it was possible to limit to UK posts only ...

mr.potato_head;8320816

What do you mean?You only follow people that you choose so just choose to … What do you mean?You only follow people that you choose so just choose to follow people from the UK.

yeah and you can also change the twitter trends on the right from worldwide to the uk although 90% of the time the uk trending topics seem to be whatever is on itv2 or channel 4.

Laffy42;8320828

As soon as I signed up, I typed in some search stuff and got loads of … As soon as I signed up, I typed in some search stuff and got loads of posts from America - just wondered if it was possible to limit to UK posts only ...

No dont think so I'm afraid.

mr.potato_head;8320774

Tomorrow they do something called followfriday where you are mean to … Tomorrow they do something called followfriday where you are mean to recommend people to follow that you enjoy.People you are following will do this so you can find people that way. Also during popular events people will tweet as it happens e.g when Liverpool are playing.Just type Liverpool in the search box and I'm sure you will find other Liverpool supporters to follow etc

ok, i think i get you..... again :oops:

ants97;8320840

yeah and you can also change the twitter trends on the right from … yeah and you can also change the twitter trends on the right from worldwide to the uk although 90% of the time the uk trending topics seem to be whatever is on itv2 or channel 4.

Thanks - just changed that

mr.potato_head;8320842

No dont think so I'm afraid.

OK thanks

Not actually following anyone yet as hadn't worked out how to do it... :oops:

It's honestly not that hard

CFC_Mark;8320901

It's honestly not that hard

seems it to me :oops: can u only follow celebs :?

nick1austin;8321004

Fun/interesting people: ]Charlie Brooker, ]Alexander Armstrong, ]Dave … Fun/interesting people: ]Charlie Brooker, ]Alexander Armstrong, ]Dave Gorman, ]David Baddiel, ]Jimmy Carr, ]Alan Carr, ]Russell Brand , ]Leigh Francis, ]Richard BaconNews Feeds: ]Guardian, ]BBC NewsScience stuff: ]NASA, ]CERN, ]Professor Brian Cox, ]New Scientist, ]Voyager2, ]Jim Alkhalili, ]EngadgetTotally Bonkers: ]William Shatner, ]Richard Madeley, ]Simon Hickson (From Live and Kicking), ]John CleeseStupid Stuff: ]Big Ben Clock, ]OMGFactsAn honourable mention goes to ]Mellisa Joan Hart, a hollywood child star who appears to have grown up to be a normal person.

actually william shatner is my favourite, not only is he james t kirk and tj hooker(legends) but he signs every tweet with my best bill, evry single one. coolest guy ever.

Laffy42;8320498

how on earth do you find people on there?

You are using the "Find People" link? I think you might need to sign in first.

Does it cost money if you use your mobile? Say you get "30 tweets a day sent to your phone" does this cost money? Also, if I tweet "20 times a day", will I have used 20 of my text msg allowance, or will I still have to pay?

Just follow who you are interested in. I like the f1 so follow people such as jake humphrey, Jenson button, chandhok, James Allen. Also have a few blogs and forums followed. I don't really like those that update too regulary as they seem to hog my entire Twitter feed up lol.

Original Poster

cheers guys, some really good suggestions there!

if anyone wants an infrequent twit (is that they call people that twitter?!) then i'm edmhaslam :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764309
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism11
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63219
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions