Two Amazon Echo’s and Apple Music?

Found 3rd Jan
Hey guys, I’m appealing to the tech savvy out there.

I’ve got myself two Amazon Echo devices, and I’ve linked them together.

The problem I’m facing is that I’m hoping to use the Bluetooth function to play songs via Apple Music, I chose this one because I get it half price.

It will let me play on one device, but not both. Is there a solution for this that I may be missing?

Any help much appreciated!
Community Updates
11 Comments
Can only Bluetooth stream to one device at a time unfortunately
Original Poster
mds125633 m ago

Can only Bluetooth stream to one device at a time unfortunately

Thought as much!

The reason for buying these things (at a steal to be fair on Black Friday) was to use them as multiroom speakers.

If I used Spotify or amazon music would it play on both maybe?
JusticeForThe9614 m ago

Thought as much!The reason for buying these things (at a steal to be fair …Thought as much!The reason for buying these things (at a steal to be fair on Black Friday) was to use them as multiroom speakers.If I used Spotify or amazon music would it play on both maybe?

Yes multi room speaker should work with both Amazon music and Spotify. In fact it should work with all streaming just not Bluetooth.
Yes - you can play on multiple echo / dot devices simultaneously when using amazon music.
BoBeB1 m ago

Yes - you can play on multiple echo / dot devices simultaneously when …Yes - you can play on multiple echo / dot devices simultaneously when using amazon music.

Only with their premium version..... not their cheaper prime standard subscription.

not sure about Spotify
mds12567 m ago

Only with their premium version..... not their cheaper prime standard …Only with their premium version..... not their cheaper prime standard subscription.not sure about Spotify

This isn’t correct - you can stream to multi room group using amazon prime music (I.e if you are a prime member)
As per amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202108910

Compatible Content
Amazon Music Unlimited (Individual plan or Family plan)
Prime Music
Amazon Music

To stream DIFFERENT music on multiple devices or on MORE than one Multi-Room Music group at the same time, you must have an Amazon Music Unlimited Family plan

Apparently as from mid December you can multi room Spotify (if you have premium Spotify) - although don’t know if this is US only.
tomsguide.com/us/…tml
Edited by: "BoBeB" 3rd Jan
Original Poster
BoBeB38 m ago

This isn’t correct - you can stream to multi room group using amazon prime …This isn’t correct - you can stream to multi room group using amazon prime music (I.e if you are a prime member)As per amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202108910Compatible ContentAmazon Music Unlimited (Individual plan or Family plan)Prime MusicAmazon MusicTo stream DIFFERENT music on multiple devices or on MORE than one Multi-Room Music group at the same time, you must have an Amazon Music Unlimited Family planApparently as from mid December you can multi room Spotify (if you have premium Spotify) - although don’t know if this is US only.https://www.tomsguide.com/us/amazon-echo-multi-room-music-setup,review-4634.html

I’d be keen to try this out before stumping up more money for Prime, and I’ve used my free trial already, could I use my sisters login you reckon? She has Prime (student)
JusticeForThe9649 m ago

I’d be keen to try this out before stumping up more money for Prime, and I …I’d be keen to try this out before stumping up more money for Prime, and I’ve used my free trial already, could I use my sisters login you reckon? She has Prime (student)

You could if she were to allow you the username and passwords.
Bear in mind if she has echo devices she won’t be able to stream at same time unless she’s unlimited.
Original Poster
Makes sense.

I believe she uses Spotify for music streaming so I may be on to a winner here anyway
I can confirm it works with Spotify premium, got my echo and dot linked
Original Poster
Got instructions from Amazon how to group my two Echo devices, and they offer an Amazon Unlimited Echo plan, which is £3.99 and will work okay.

It comes with a months free trial so i'm giving that a bash tomorrow.

I'm paying a fiver a month for Apple Music which I like, so that would have been my preference, but if this service is similar or better, i'll probably upgrade for 4 quid more to the Unlimited version so I can use it on my phone when travelling too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants