two cars with the same number plate

Found 13th Apr 2015
Walking to school this morning there was two luxury cars parked one behind the other, both with exactly the same custom number plate.

is that legal?
Community Updates
AskCar
36 Comments
Banned
pics or it aint true.
It's not legal. Were they 100% exactly the same?
If they were parked on private land and the owner is in the process of transferring the reg over then I suppose it's feasible.
Banned
There's ways of doing it legally, by swapping a letter out for a number.

For example ERROR440, ERR0R440.

I know those aren't valid number plates but you get what I mean, swap an O for an 0
A for a 4
Z for a 2
I for a 1
8 for a B

etc etc
If they were identical cars it's possible they're using one cars plate on the other to avoid insurance, tax etc. If truly identical you should notify your local police for them to check.
Original Poster
Two different makes, two different colours parked outside a school, I could say the makes colours and registration as it was custom it's easy to remember as I assume its the owners name. But I don't want to in case they are on hukd. No numbers btw its all letters

Should I take a camera out from now on incase I see them again?

Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 13th Apr 2015
"in case they are on hukd" X)

What are they going to do?
joshp

"in case they are on hukd" X)What are they going to do?

vote their deals cold!
You should report it to the police, if they had a caraccident they could most likely be uninsured.
Error440

Two different makes, two different colours parked outside a school, I … Two different makes, two different colours parked outside a school, I could say the makes colours and registration as it was custom it's easy to remember as I assume its the owners name. But I don't want to in case they are on hukd. No numbers btw its all lettersShould I take a camera out from now on incase I see them again?am I not right in saying a number has to have at least 1 number !

Error440

Two different makes, two different colours parked outside a school, I … Two different makes, two different colours parked outside a school, I could say the makes colours and registration as it was custom it's easy to remember as I assume its the owners name. But I don't want to in case they are on hukd. No numbers btw its all lettersShould I take a camera out from now on incase I see them again?

no numbers?

sure it wasn't a post-it note you saw?
brilly

no numbers?sure it wasn't a post-it note you saw?

Or possibly a dealers numberplate... my local Vauxhall place, Eden Vauxhall, all have "EDEN" on their plates....
joshp

"in case they are on hukd" X)What are they going to do?

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/fox2020plus/I_SEE_YOU-FINAL.gif

trade/showplates of some kind...not legal to be on the road though
I have seen two Landrovers same model, same colour, same number plates, parked next to each other. I thought the owner must be a fan of twins.
Banned
Op you sure you never made an ERROR?
http://platewave.com/content/plate/photos/resized/PEN15_1353801599.jpg
http://nice-reg.co.uk/number-plates/car-registration-numbers/PEN15.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/4464664096_39c24ca69e.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg187/liquidquick/liquids%20stuff/DSC01001.jpg
Original Poster
miikeyblue

Or possibly a dealers numberplate... my local Vauxhall place, Eden … Or possibly a dealers numberplate... my local Vauxhall place, Eden Vauxhall, all have "EDEN" on their plates....

Possible they are very new and shiny looking and there are alot of car places round here, but not on that road and if it is a dealership thats full so parking thrm elsewhere why pick a road with double yellow lines, that road is always choc a blockwith cars but its still ddouble yellows on there.

I'm going to type the reg into google see if it comes up as a dealership, think I'd need photos to report them anyway so I'll keep my eyes peeled
ifrazalam

Op you sure you never made an ERROR?

http://i52.tinypic.com/qovz4n.gif
transit

Pic 2: Smart car advertising a company displaying the number plate PEN15 for sale.
Pic 4: Someone bought it and put it on their Merc.
Pic 1: Said person bought a new Merc and put same plate on new Merc.
Pic 3: Same Merc as pic 1 but owner fancied a new style of plate.

All very explainable.
Original Poster
Well google just confirms its a first name from a foreign land
Banned
Error440

out of interest what is the name?
Error440

Contact UKIP central office. That'll teach 'em. It will be on the front page of tommorow's Daily Mail:

'Farage promises crackdown on immigrants flouting UK road laws.'
Original Poster
MyNameIsJeff

out of interest what is the name?

If I told you that I'd be telling you the registration, anyway I'm going to take my phone out if I see em again I will get picks and send them to the dvla, I just wanted to ask as seeing they are custom plates I wasn't sure if they are allowed to do that or not.
deja vu, maybe a glitch in the matrix.
Maybe agents are after you
Its possibly car dealers for their showroom or an event.
Banned
Error440

If I told you that I'd be telling you the registration, anyway I'm going … If I told you that I'd be telling you the registration, anyway I'm going to take my phone out if I see em again I will get picks and send them to the dvla, I just wanted to ask as seeing they are custom plates I wasn't sure if they are allowed to do that or not.

why would you alert the authorities? is there a reward ??
ewwaxo

The reward is doing something good for society and potentially get 1 or 2 uninsured vehicles off the road and said owner/driver prosecuted.

You should try it sometime!

Maybe if everyone was vigilant like the Op, the world would be a better, safer place!
Edited by: "TPGone" 13th Apr 2015
ewwaxo

Do you understand the concept of civic responsibility? Or are you motivated solely by greed?
RonChew

Do you understand the concept of civic responsibility? Or are you … Do you understand the concept of civic responsibility? Or are you motivated solely by greed?

you know who is? US government...
i see a lot of cars or 4x4s lately with just two letters or two numbers on the plates
Banned
RonChew

Do you understand the concept of civic responsibility? Or are you … Do you understand the concept of civic responsibility? Or are you motivated solely by greed?

yes I am. I'd prefer to not meddle in other peoples business to be honest.
Original Poster
ewwaxo

yes I am. I'd prefer to not meddle in other peoples business to be … yes I am. I'd prefer to not meddle in other peoples business to be honest.

The tory candidate for the internetz constituency, has spoken.
Error440

Two different makes, two different colours parked outside a school, I … Two different makes, two different colours parked outside a school, I could say the makes colours and registration as it was custom it's easy to remember as I assume its the owners name. But I don't want to in case they are on hukd. No numbers btw its all lettersShould I take a camera out from now on incase I see them again?

I wouldn't walk around outside a school with a camera personally
Write down the number plate and look at it upside down
http://s4.postimg.org/arledho31/car.jpg
daffers

Write down the number plate and look at it upside down

Convenient for when they roll it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions