Groups

two cheques sent with bingo winnings by mistake...

Hey!

I had a win on a online bingo site a couple of weeks ago and withdrew the money (just under £100). i received a cheque last week and cashed it the same day. However, a few days ago i got another cheque from the same site (same name, same amount, etc).

This must be a mistake on their part as i have not won or withdrawn any more money from that site.

I don't know what to do... should i cash it or rip it up?

I'm going to wait until the first cheque clears in case they sent the second because there was a mistake with the first.

x

12 Comments

cash it...if you get asked any questions say someone else (OH) must have cashed it on your behalf...always be prepared to give the money back though if you are caught out

In fact thats what I would do....If you have more of a conscience and would feel guilty the dont bother

Cash it and send me the money

I'd cash it. I would say that it's their responsibility to realise that they have made an error (although obviously the law says otherwise...) so that's what I'd do.

Cash it, then email them and say you havent received anything.

Banned

dont cash it................yet

the cheque is valid for 6 months and cashing it now gives them a better chance of noticing the error.

cash it in a few months

be a devil and cash it

cash it, someone loves you

Cash it and if you're feeling guilty about it give some of it to a worthwhile charity.

Cash it. Put it in a savings account for a while.

Original Poster

hmm i think i'll wait a while and then cash it unless i feel guilty haha

x

csiman;5853280

dont cash it................yetthe cheque is valid for 6 months and … dont cash it................yetthe cheque is valid for 6 months and cashing it now gives them a better chance of noticing the error.cash it in a few months

:lol: youve dont this before havnt you :thumbsup:

So what happened? Did they find out? Did you cash it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers2030
      2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710954
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would917
      4. What would be HELL to you?2944

See more discussions