Two DPD/Amazon Deliveries Lost In Less Than A Week! What's Happening?

Posted 26th Oct
What do you think is happening here?

In less than a week, I've made two Amazon orders, due to be delivered by DPD, both pretty bulky items.

First order was marked as dispatched on the DPD tracker, but the website said "we are awaiting your parcel". Nothing arrived. DPD replied to my contact form message telling me to contact Amazon (nothing to do with them as the parcel hasn't been received), Amazon told me to contact the courier. Then Amazon quietly refund me after a few days, saying they'll investigate.

Less than a week later, another DPD dispatch made for a different item. Marked as dispatched on Monday. But this time, the DPD tracking link doesn't work at all. Amazon say they'll "investigate" again.

Bad luck, or is something up with the courier? I've had Amazon deliveries as normal all week, and DPD actually delivered something today (but it was a small item).

Update: Amazon have phoned back and said they will avoid this courier for the time being.

DPD have always been great (Glasgow city centre) so I don't know what's going on, but it's frustrating when you don't really get an answer and both point the finger at the other?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
B0ne526/10/2019 14:27

I had a mattress lost in the post few weeks back as well. Not sure how you …I had a mattress lost in the post few weeks back as well. Not sure how you lose a mattress lol.

did you check your letterbox?
I had a mattress lost in the post few weeks back as well. Not sure how you lose a mattress lol.
22 Comments
DPD are investing in new distribution centres as well AFAIK so don't think there is anything specific wrong with them. Might be a local issue with a particular sub-contractor they use?
"investigating" according to Google translate means...
We hope the parcel turns up in a few days as we haven't got a clue what's happened
I had a mattress lost in the post few weeks back as well. Not sure how you lose a mattress lol.

I had a mattress lost in the post few weeks back as well. Not sure how you …I had a mattress lost in the post few weeks back as well. Not sure how you lose a mattress lol.

did you check your letterbox?

One of them was a mattress topper (one of those big memory foam jobs, for my poor sister whose back and hips ache), so, yeah, not sure how they lose those.

I'm suspecting it's something to do with the hand over between Amazon and DPD but unless I knew how the logistics work, it's guesswork.

The only common links are the large size of both items and the courier.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 26th Oct

Bet you couldn’t sleep
Sounds as though Amazon aren't actually dispatching the items. If they entered DPDs network then the tracking information would have been updated.
If the items didnt get recorded as received by DPDs then it Amazon who are not sending them out.
You don't contact courier, it's he sender's job to chase their choice of courier.
And as above looks like amazon not dispatching items.
Thanks everyone
Had the same with an ironing board a few weeks ago. Never entered DPD network. Amazon strung me along for 5 days.
had the same for a white christmas tree needed for a wedding never arrived called amazon to say how important the tree was and 2 days later amazon contacted me to say the delivery driver had found the tree and would be delivering it. The box had been open and part of the tree had been put together even had decorations on it. Never did put the tree up sent it back and got my money back.
I had something similar with 6 foot racking...as far as i'm concerned, it's too big to lose!
princesskizzy26/10/2019 17:47

had the same for a white christmas tree needed for a wedding never arrived …had the same for a white christmas tree needed for a wedding never arrived called amazon to say how important the tree was and 2 days later amazon contacted me to say the delivery driver had found the tree and would be delivering it. The box had been open and part of the tree had been put together even had decorations on it. Never did put the tree up sent it back and got my money back.

WTF! That's nuts
They started the process but the item never got handed over or handed over with no label scan ..
I ordered some facial cream a week ago, it meant to arrive sometime last week to my local store for collection. I am still waiting...
I dont whats going on at Amazon thr past two parcels I ordered same day didnt show up until days later.

Then left a parcel at my back door rather than the shed. The driver literally had to go past the shed to leave it by the door.
I never see the same Amazon driver twice .. turn over of staff must be huge..
vizta26/10/2019 20:21

I never see the same Amazon driver twice .. turn over of staff must be …I never see the same Amazon driver twice .. turn over of staff must be huge..

I do often see the same (Amazon) delivery driver. He turned up at my mum's once and said "is this your house too?" when I answered the door (mum's house is more impressive than mine, in suburbia). Little does he know there's a lot of Amazon Warehouse/glitches/bargain purchases happening!!
louiselouise26/10/2019 20:24

I do often see the same (Amazon) delivery driver. He turned up at my mum's …I do often see the same (Amazon) delivery driver. He turned up at my mum's once and said "is this your house too?" when I answered the door (mum's house is more impressive than mine, in suburbia). Little does he know there's a lot of Amazon Warehouse/glitches/bargain purchases happening!!

How do you find price glitches? I've often bought warehouse items.
philedsch26/10/2019 21:55

How do you find price glitches? I've often bought warehouse items.

Same way everyone else does - Facebook Groups, HUKD's arch enemy which shall not be named (but isn't anywhere as good, anyway), Check4Change.
I put in a complaint on Saturday to DPD's Make It Right contact form - two DPD parcels going missing in a week is unacceptable.

They reply quickly, I'll give them that, and they said they'll get in touch with the account holder's team.

I was just about to delete the DPD tracker link from my Favourites, and the most recent tracker URL has sprung back into life! Says it's due today!
Edited by: "louiselouise" 30th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants