Two Xbox one's, one household

Posted 17th Jun 2020
I have an Xbox one with an active subscription to Xbox live gold.

I would like to get another Xbox in the same household to play games online against each other.

The game in question is GTA online which I currently own on disc and wonder if anyone can advise what I would need for this to happen?

I know I need another Xbox one but do I need another GTA game or another subscription to Xbox live gold to play the game at the same time with each other?

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
You can't game share a game which is on a disc. It has to be the digital version. Once you buy the game digital you can share your digital library of games and also your Xbox gold. If you need to know anything else feel free to ask
Edited by: "MonkeyMan90" 17th Jun
So if I purchased a digital version of GTA V is that enough for us to play together in the same session? Cheers
jamiepattison17/06/2020 22:52

So if I purchased a digital version of GTA V is that enough for us to play …So if I purchased a digital version of GTA V is that enough for us to play together in the same session? Cheers

Yes, you would need to put the account with the gold subscription on both Xbox’s with it set as home on the console it won’t be used on to be able to share the gold subscription
I'm having the same issue but with the PS4 pro
efc_4ever17/06/2020 23:38

I'm having the same issue but with the PS4 pro

Same principle you have to use digital versions and just login to your 2nd console with your user details and set it to your primary console in settings.
MonkeyMan9017/06/2020 23:49

Same principle you have to use digital versions and just login to your 2nd …Same principle you have to use digital versions and just login to your 2nd console with your user details and set it to your primary console in settings.

I did this and loads of the digital games are unavailable still on the console that isn't activated as the primary console
efc_4ever17/06/2020 23:50

I did this and loads of the digital games are unavailable still on the …I did this and loads of the digital games are unavailable still on the console that isn't activated as the primary console

You need to log in to The 2nd console and start the download on your account and then the game will appear on their account as soon as the download starts
Edited by: "MonkeyMan90" 17th Jun

I did this and loads of the digital games are unavailable still on the …I did this and loads of the digital games are unavailable still on the console that isn't activated as the primary console

I'll try explain in a brief way.

Console 1 belongs to user 1
Console 2 belongs to user 2

User 1 adds their ps account on to console 2

User 1 makes this account the primary console on console 2

Whenever user 2 wants to download a game from user 1 library they must login as user 1 then go to the library to start the download then log back on to user 2 account and the download will start on their account
MonkeyMan9017/06/2020 23:55

I'll try explain in a brief way.Console 1 belongs to user 1Console 2 …I'll try explain in a brief way.Console 1 belongs to user 1Console 2 belongs to user 2User 1 adds their ps account on to console 2 User 1 makes this account the primary console on console 2Whenever user 2 wants to download a game from user 1 library they must login as user 1 then go to the library to start the download then log back on to user 2 account and the download will start on their account

User 2 should also make console 1 their home console

They can then download the games in the ‘shared’ library without having to swap profiles etc

I bet you have age restrictions set. My mate had this same problem and looked for hours trying to find Fortnite for his lad lol
Maverick7718/06/2020 09:38

I bet you have age restrictions set. My mate had this same problem and …I bet you have age restrictions set. My mate had this same problem and looked for hours trying to find Fortnite for his lad lol

ok I'll have a look and see if it's that
Maverick7718/06/2020 09:38

I bet you have age restrictions set. My mate had this same problem and …I bet you have age restrictions set. My mate had this same problem and looked for hours trying to find Fortnite for his lad lol

I removed age restrictions but I still get padlock icon

41146017.jpgSays

Cannot use content.
Only the following users (being my profile) who hold a licence for this content can use it. If you want to use the content purchase it from PlayStation store

I should point out that this is a third profile of my youngest child's

Two consoles and three profiles

My profile is the PS plus account and main profile for all games and for PS subscription which I use downstairs on console 1 (no issue with my profile)

Second profile is my eldest kids and he uses his console 2 upstairs and my profile as primary on that console(no issue with his profile)

Third profile is the youngest child's profile which is downstairs on my console and is the one we are having issue with
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 19th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text