Groups

Typing

My laptop going mad, i start typing and then it will go three words back, and type what im writing there!!! any help please...before i go insane xxxxxxx

18 Comments

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2359/2538390027_c8ebec1e1f_m.jpg

Same happens to mine, although goes here and there, not exactly three words back. Hence subscribed

Original Poster

Yes gone on and off loads mine does it every time i write! xxx

Dodgy battery most likely (if its a dell) happened on my dell. Put it on charge take the battery out, see what its like

could be a 'memory leak' in your browser ...

virus

Last time I encountered that problem with someone was because of a wet keyboard. Probably useless information to you, and I hope it's wrong since a wet laptop keyboard means a wet laptop!

Banned

stop touching the touch pad

I got an old HP Pavilion laptop this used to happen to, (I think) the mouse trackpad was so sensitive that it used to click the mouse button causing the cursor to jump.

Exact same thing used to happen to me, I'd look up at the screen and see that I'd written a couple of lines of text inbetween the text already above. Was very frustrating. Settled down one day and rarely happened again (much).

Maybe a virus if not that.

Original Poster

lol i dont have a wet laptop!! but my battery has always been funny on my DELL laptop.....

i have to turn the touch pad off as well as i rest my hands on it when i type and that causes the cursor to jump everywhere. turn it off and use a mouse

Banned

robtallica;4942745

I got an old HP Pavilion laptop this used to happen to, (I think) the … I got an old HP Pavilion laptop this used to happen to, (I think) the mouse trackpad was so sensitive that it used to click the mouse button causing the cursor to jump.Exact same thing used to happen to me, I'd look up at the screen and see that I'd written a couple of lines of text inbetween the text already above. Was very frustrating. Settled down one day and rarely happened again (much).Maybe a virus if not that.

yep i agree, used to do alot on this lappy, not much now but occasionally will

you have the typing overwrite on

Try hitting your insert key

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;4942812

Try hitting your insert key

Just did and its all still doing the same !!!

*katie*;4942936

Just did and its all still doing the same !!!

Doh, I thought that would work

i had a similar problem

what i do to resolve it is click the cursor at the end of the sentence where i want to type, then use the mouse trackpad to move the pointer right to the bottom of the screen

that way, if i do happen to brush against the trackpad it doesn't move the actual cursor to anywhere

works for me

Try this to adjust the palm settings for your synaptics touchpad.

Start

Control panel

Mouse

Which brings up mouse properties

Device settings

Settings

Sensitivity

Palm check

Then adjust the settings

I hope this helps

Radiocode
    Post a comment