Tyre fitting services

Found 16th JanEdited by:"Bigfootpete"
Anyone got any recommendations?

Are the mobile tyre fitters as good as taking the car in to a shop/garage?

I assume they wont be able to adjust the tracking if it needs it?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
20 Comments
Can't recommend one as haven't used any, but with regard to tracking these days its done by lazer, they stick moveable plates under your wheels and hook lazers to your wheels.
Used Kwik fit last week, please book and pay online as it's usually about £20 cheaper. Service was very quick, would definitely recommend.
Local independent tyre garage is what I use.. Just ask about or goggle to find one that's been around for years and go for it...
Edited by: "wayners" 16th Jan
I paid £42 for a fitted tyre for a budget priced tyre on a hatchback for your comparison.
local garage here is cheapest but they really don't know how to speak to people

I travel 40 miles just so I dont have to put up with their miserable asses
davewave1 h, 40 m ago

Used Kwik fit last week, please book and pay online as it's usually about …Used Kwik fit last week, please book and pay online as it's usually about £20 cheaper. Service was very quick, would definitely recommend.

this is good to know. so if i book online it is cheaper than just going into the garage? that sounds good value. does it apply to all kwik fit garages or just certain ones?
mutley11 m ago

this is good to know. so if i book online it is cheaper than just going …this is good to know. so if i book online it is cheaper than just going into the garage? that sounds good value. does it apply to all kwik fit garages or just certain ones?

All Kwik fits...priced it up and then went in, they admitted that buying and booking online is cheaper so I went away and booked it online for the cheaper price.
davewave1 m ago

All Kwik fits...priced it up and then went in, they admitted that buying …All Kwik fits...priced it up and then went in, they admitted that buying and booking online is cheaper so I went away and booked it online for the cheaper price.

will have to try and remember this the next time we go there.
I ordered 4 pirelli runflats from blackcircles last week...
today got my local tyre shop to fit them £30
f3rgy158 m ago

I ordered 4 pirelli runflats from blackcircles last week... today got my …I ordered 4 pirelli runflats from blackcircles last week... today got my local tyre shop to fit them £30

How much for the tyres?
Black circles. Cheap prices for all tyres from a selection of garages all over the country
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 16th Jan
cmdr_elito7 h, 36 m ago

Black circles. Cheap prices for all tyres from a selection of garages all …Black circles. Cheap prices for all tyres from a selection of garages all over the country

Just did a quote on blackcircles and just a couple of quid more expensive than Kwik fit for the same tyre I had fitted.
Original Poster
davewave16 h, 5 m ago

Used Kwik fit last week, please book and pay online as it's usually about …Used Kwik fit last week, please book and pay online as it's usually about £20 cheaper. Service was very quick, would definitely recommend.

I didn't they they fitted customer supplied tyres? Don't they only fit their own overpriced ones?
Bigfootpete4 h, 15 m ago

I didn't they they fitted customer supplied tyres? Don't they only fit …I didn't they they fitted customer supplied tyres? Don't they only fit their own overpriced ones?

KwikFit fitted and supplied a KwikFit budget tyre for £42, cheaper than anywhere else.
Edited by: "davewave" 17th Jan
mutley118 h, 35 m ago

this is good to know. so if i book online it is cheaper than just going …this is good to know. so if i book online it is cheaper than just going into the garage? that sounds good value. does it apply to all kwik fit garages or just certain ones?

It applies to all tyre places.

People going into a place are far less likely to price check and may be in distress purchase mode (eg just had a puncture) so the tyre place can get away with charging more. Its been shown that very few people will walk away after being given a face to face price.

People who take the time to ring around will get better prices, but the best prices are from internet shopping.
davewave14 h, 56 m ago

Just did a quote on blackcircles and just a couple of quid more expensive …Just did a quote on blackcircles and just a couple of quid more expensive than Kwik fit for the same tyre I had fitted.

Other place to try is ATS, normally get a little quidco/topcashback on that and similar price to Kwik fit!
mas997 h, 49 m ago

It applies to all tyre places.People going into a place are far less …It applies to all tyre places.People going into a place are far less likely to price check and may be in distress purchase mode (eg just had a puncture) so the tyre place can get away with charging more. Its been shown that very few people will walk away after being given a face to face price. People who take the time to ring around will get better prices, but the best prices are from internet shopping.

Just to add the telephone price is normally the same as the face to face price in my experience.

Online is discounted and you can book in a slot convenient to you. Win win in my book for non urgent stuff.
As others have said, Kwik Fit online are normally well priced. Then select the home fitting service as it is much quicker than going to them plus the mobile fitters don’t seem as interested in the up sell that the store fitters try.
Black circles
paul123edwards17th Jan

As others have said, Kwik Fit online are normally well priced. Then select …As others have said, Kwik Fit online are normally well priced. Then select the home fitting service as it is much quicker than going to them plus the mobile fitters don’t seem as interested in the up sell that the store fitters try.

Not experienced any upselling or problems going into Kwik fit when ordered online, then again I do usually go for the early appointments, normally drive in and car is in a bay being worked on in less than 5 mins. Do find ATS cheaper though with cash back, ATS also do student discount if you go in face to face.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions