Tyre valve caps taken by Kwikfit.

Found 18th Feb
I had my tyres changed yesterday at kwik fit and noticed today by BMW aluminium valve caps have been replaced by plastic black generic ones and they haven't given me the original ones.
I phoned and the guy is insistent they weren't special so they don't always replace them, and these ones won't cause damage.

In my eyes this equates to theft, they have taken my caps and haven't returned them. They clearly don't see it this way.

They're £20 for new genuine ones and it's not a tonne of money but I am really angry to be honest because the guy is adamant they're just caps and not caring...

He said they're busy and will look tomorrow.

What are my options?
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
Probably on another BMW by now,play hardball and threaten to phone head office to file a compensation claim or small claims court and i would imagine they will be found fairly quickly.
Edited by: "gazman090970" 18th Feb
Wow what scum bags ,I would go to town on them forget the cost it principle ,bet there on one of there BMW’s
I think they should have ask if you wanted the original ones back ( as they were distinctive ) but guess the bottom line is you should insisted that they be returned or replaced
I am amazed at this injustice, high court and no less.
The guy is adamant they were not special. Such silly logic. I said they were special, not extra special but they are genuine BMW metal caps and I want them back. he said I didn't ask for them back...well why should I have to ask for my own property back?
Post your complaint on Kwikfit's social media pages e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc...I find this usually does the trick to resolve such issues ...and name the branch in the complaint
Edited by: "Splodger101" 18th Feb
I have a Masters assignment due and couldn't focus cos of this I drove in and had a chat, remained calm, and stated I would be taking action if this isn't resolved. Agreed that they will look for them and if no result by tomorrow I can bring receipt of new caps and they will reimburse me.
Why go to Kwik fit? They are soo expensive.
Just incase u didn't notice they change ur valves as standard and charge you for it even if theres nothing wrong with them.
Avoid kwik fit at all costs.
Difficult for you to prove that you had them on there and difficult for them to prove you didn’t. Best thing to do is remove any caps or wheel trims before getting tyres changed.
cmdr_elito1 h, 51 m ago

Difficult for you to prove that you had them on there and difficult for …Difficult for you to prove that you had them on there and difficult for them to prove you didn’t. Best thing to do is remove any caps or wheel trims before getting tyres changed.

Best thing to do is remove any caps or wheel trims before getting tyres changed.

Best bit of advice ever buddy
Exact same thing happened to me at KwikFit but they were adamant that they were the correct ones when told about it. I never took it any further though.
cliosport6518 m ago

Best thing to do is remove any caps or wheel trims before getting tyres … Best thing to do is remove any caps or wheel trims before getting tyres changed.Best bit of advice ever buddy

It’s called common sense. When I put my car in for a service I remove everything from the car.....same principle
we left coins in our car when we took it to Ford for its annual service as we didn't think anyone would be that low to steal some coins from our car and they didn't until one year they did!

now my husband empties the car before he takes it into the dealership garage for its annual service as you can not trust anyone!

really low, stealing petty things from your customers. as someone has said, they will just deny that the caps were there if the query goes further.
cmdr_elito1 h, 27 m ago

It’s called common sense. When I put my car in for a service I remove e …It’s called common sense. When I put my car in for a service I remove everything from the car.....same principle

Same as me
Could be the fitter couldn't remove them from the valves..?

I had same problem couple of years ago, fitter explained to me that removing them is a nightmare, never used them again.

IF thats the case the fitter should have advised you as such...
I was the same. Got told not to use metal dust caps as 3 if them had seized so had no choice but to bin them with the valve.
Metal ones tend to seize, Sure they shouldn't have taken them but at the same time they've done you a favour.
they tend to remove indicator bulbs from BMW's too, either that or the typical arrogant drivers dont use them
They should have told me they removed them then if they seized.

We've come to an agreement I'll be reimbursed to replace them if they don't find them.

I will have to start emptying the car but never would have imagined something as petty as caps would be stolen.
chrismc2005010 h, 23 m ago

Why go to Kwik fit? They are soo expensive.Just incase u didn't notice …Why go to Kwik fit? They are soo expensive.Just incase u didn't notice they change ur valves as standard and charge you for it even if theres nothing wrong with them.Avoid kwik fit at all costs.

They were the cheapest for my tyres. But not by much. Lesson learnt.
.MUFC.5 h, 32 m ago

Metal ones tend to seize, Sure they shouldn't have taken them but at the …Metal ones tend to seize, Sure they shouldn't have taken them but at the same time they've done you a favour.

My bmw originals I've had no issues with.
Kazaam3 h, 29 m ago

They should have told me they removed them then if they seized. We've come …They should have told me they removed them then if they seized. We've come to an agreement I'll be reimbursed to replace them if they don't find them.I will have to start emptying the car but never would have imagined something as petty as caps would be stolen.

There not stolen there they've just replaced the valves (metal ford ones) and not put them back same happen to me but not at crap-fit rung up when I got home and collected the next day
They cut the old valves out and replace them. I'm sure that they didn't take much notice of the valve caps.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions