Groups

U2 Tickets

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good company to purchase tickets from for the U2 concert in Cardiff on the 22nd of August.. I am not sure who to buy from on when they go on sale on Friday. Thanks for any advice recieved.
    Mike.

46 Comments

Ticketmaster...at least you stand a decent chance if you are up early and logged on mate...

Could also check out Livenation

Seetickets.com is who I'll be using ,hate the q system on ticketmaster

Ticketmaster are best if you get on as soon as the tickets go on sale, and I mean straight away.
    See Tickets are OK but with some concerts they do not sell specific seats, they sell you a ticket by price ratio and tell you the Block, Row and seat numbers at a later date, which personally I think is ridiculous.

Original Poster

Thanks,
    How early will I be able to try to purchase from ticketmaster on Friday. Can you buy online at midnight on Thursday/Friday. Also do you have an idea what the prices are going to be.

mikelamb;4677778

Thanks, How early will I be able to try to purchase from … Thanks, How early will I be able to try to purchase from ticketmaster on Friday. Can you buy online at midnight on Thursday/Friday. Also do you have an idea what the prices are going to be.

you can only get themfrom 9am, tickets are pretty expensive, lower tier tickets are £85 each, plus booking fee and postage, standing ones are £55 plus booking fees!

see tickets will most probably crash .. ticketmaster & ticketline are my favourites atm..tickets are £55 i think

wow between £30 and £150 a ticket ?? thats a bit steep imo lol

Original Poster

They do seem a bit expensive this time around! But I will have to splash out. I don't want to be right at the top of the stadium sitting with the pigeons like the last time!

Original Poster

Can someone tell me what imo means? I'm not to familiar with the computer/text abbreviations!

totally agree.. theres nothing worse than sitting in the rafters !

mikelamb;4677972

They do seem a bit expensive this time around! But I will have to splash … They do seem a bit expensive this time around! But I will have to splash out. I don't want to be right at the top of the stadium sitting with the pigeons like the last time!

me too, i was right at the back of the top tier at the city of manchester stadium, poor sound and view, i'm going for standing this time , I've seen them a few times and standing at wembley for the popmart tour was amazing

mikelamb;4677985

Can someone tell me what imo means? I'm not to familiar with the … Can someone tell me what imo means? I'm not to familiar with the computer/text abbreviations!

in my opinion :thumbsup:

mikelamb;4677778

Thanks, How early will I be able to try to purchase from … Thanks, How early will I be able to try to purchase from ticketmaster on Friday. Can you buy online at midnight on Thursday/Friday. Also do you have an idea what the prices are going to be.

General sale tickets officially go on sale at 9am.
    Be aware that tickets often go onsale several minutes early so be ready about 08.45hrs.

The Michael Jackson tickets officially went on sale at 07.00hrs, I got some on Ticketmaster at 06.40hrs.

Ticket Prices
    With 85% of the tickets priced at less than £87, general admission floor tickets priced at £50 and at least 10,000 tickets at every venue priced at around £27, we have worked very hard to ensure that U2 fans can purchase a great-priced ticket with a guaranteed great view.

Be ready Be Early

Info from Millennium Stadium web page

Fans can buy tickets at [url]www.livenation.co.uk[/url] priced at £150 / £85 / £55 / £30 (subject to a booking fee) and they are urged to "get on their boots" following the news of complete sell-outs in Gothenburg, Milan and Amsterdam this weekend.

I've got a feeling that if you go via Live Nation it takes you through to Ticket Master. I too would avoid See Tickets, as a previous poster stated they sell seated tickets without actually telling you where the seats are. We've done this in the past and ended up with really rubbish seats

The seated tickets are mainly £150 with £13.50 booking fee and and then P+P, there are cheap seats at £30 but these will be in the top tier at the very back. Standing tix are £55 with £6 booking fee

If you go through Ticket Master and manage to get through I think that you will only have one shot at the seats and would recommend going for whatever they give you because if you give them up and choose again you will most probably end up with nothing

Good luck to everyone

kassy2005;4677881

see tickets will most probably crash .. ticketmaster & ticketline are my … see tickets will most probably crash .. ticketmaster & ticketline are my favourites atm..tickets are £55 i think

Do a search on Ticketline for U2 tickets and see what comes up!

LOL ! what the heck is that all about, how funny

Original Poster

Sorry to be a pain! But just wondering if its best to phone ticketmaster or go through the process on line? I'm going to take a couple of hours off work to try and get tickets on Friday. Fingers crossed!

kassy2005;4678222

LOL ! what the heck is that all about, how funny

I take it that you won't be buying then?!!

Someone's got a good sense of humour!!

mikelamb;4678245

Sorry to be a pain! But just wondering if its best to phone ticketmaster … Sorry to be a pain! But just wondering if its best to phone ticketmaster or go through the process on line? I'm going to take a couple of hours off work to try and get tickets on Friday. Fingers crossed!

Be Online @ 08.45hrs keep refreshing the page every 3-5 seconds and you will get in before the masses and get the best seats that are available.

Mijooly;4678246

I take it that you won't be buying then?!!Someone's got a good sense of … I take it that you won't be buying then?!!Someone's got a good sense of humour!!

haha ! nope i think il give them a miss lol
    iv never had a problem buying online ( except with seetickets ) as long as your ready like someone said 10 - 15 mins early you should get half decent tickets.. just dont refresh too often too quickly on ticketmaster when your waiting for them to go on sale as it will think you are a bot and boot you off.. iv never tried the phone line so i dont know about that

kassy2005;4678341

haha ! nope i think il give them a miss loliv never had a problem buying … haha ! nope i think il give them a miss loliv never had a problem buying online ( except with seetickets ) as long as your ready like someone said 10 - 15 mins early you should get half decent tickets.. just dont refresh too often too quickly on ticketmaster when your waiting for them to go on sale as it will think you are a bot and boot you off.. iv never tried the phone line so i dont know about that

We already have ours for Wembley as we had presale.

Sister in law got 4 standing at Sheffield, 1 of which is for us, so I need to get 1 more on friday morning

We go to lots of gigs and try not to use Seetickets but saying that for Killers we had both laptops going and I phoned up at 8.55 using a threatre ticket number off saynoto0870 and got straight through and got excellent seats

kassy2005;4678341

haha ! nope i think il give them a miss loliv never had a problem buying … haha ! nope i think il give them a miss loliv never had a problem buying online ( except with seetickets ) as long as your ready like someone said 10 - 15 mins early you should get half decent tickets.. just dont refresh too often too quickly on ticketmaster when your waiting for them to go on sale as it will think you are a bot and boot you off.. iv never tried the phone line so i dont know about that

no point refreshing anyway on ticketmaster as you get put into a q, if you refresh you go to the back :thumbsup:

i do love U2 but to be honest i dont like going to stadium tours.. much prefer arena tours , they feel more personal.. but i dont expect they will be doing the arenas anytime soon lol .
    im the same ! normally got the 2 pc,s and the laptop on the go with several tabs open on each.. it pays off though, got 2nd row war of the worlds seats, 4th row coldplay & front row boyzone etc.. recently ( they were for a friend lol )

souljacker;4678482

no point refreshing anyway on ticketmaster as you get put into a q, if … no point refreshing anyway on ticketmaster as you get put into a q, if you refresh you go to the back :thumbsup:

refreshing before tickets go on sale is what i mean ..

kassy2005;4678535

refreshing before tickets go on sale is what i mean ..

ah i see that's what i'll be doing

hope everyone gets what they want ! :=)

Original Poster

Good advice on here! Thanks. Just like to say good luck to anyone trying to get tickets. Hopefully It will be my 5th time and they are superb live. I can't remember having this much bother to get tickets before.

everyone ready to get their tickets?:thumbsup:

I'm ready!!

Ticketline now have a link to U2 instead of McFly (saying that if you put U2 in the search, Mcfly still come up!!)

I'm also trying Don Valley themselves as I only want a couple of standing tickets

Will also have Ticketmaster open

Not bothering with Seetickets

Just need the 2 little darlings to be quiet for 10 mins!!!

Sheffield box office has crashed already!!

iv got ticketmaster and ticketline open

not a good sign!

stargreen might be worth a try also as they are pretty good

i got 125 row 10 at wembley but £150 quid each .. bloomin eck

Good seats :thumbsup:

I got my 2 standing at Sheffield

I got 2 standing for cardiff, that was nice and easy!

2 standing for cardiff... not without incident!

Flodd;4690813

2 standing for cardiff... not without incident!

Also 2 for Cardiff, i opened the window at 7am & kept refreshing

oh yesh! 3 Standing Pitch @ Sheffield !

Woooop Woooop :thumbsup:

Celticsun;4691012

oh yesh! 3 Standing Pitch @ Sheffield !Woooop Woooop :thumbsup:

See you there! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Kong Kon…811
      2. Whoop! Next Sale VIP Slots have been released55
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047067
      4. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407239

See more discussions