Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Uber Eats

Posted 20th Dec 2019
I ordered Uber eats today and was using £8.50 worth of credits but for some reason I was charged the full £9 instead of £0.50 my bank statement is saying that £9 has been taken from Uber eats I sent them the photo and they keep arguing the fact I was charged only £0.50 where do I stand in this how can I get a refund because their customer service is ridiculously terrible.

3370547-xXkde.jpg
3370547-1PMqf.jpg
3370547-CuuxX.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

11 Comments
If customer service is not playing ball small claims court is your only option. Good luck my the force be with you.
This happened to me once but after it came out of pending in my bank, they took the correct amount
Try composing through the app first, if they say no then put a case in resolver. I currently have one on there as I ordered from Uber seats last weeks and I was missing an item and they refused to either refund or replace the item
Arto20/12/2019 20:24

Try composing through the app first, if they say no then put a case in …Try composing through the app first, if they say no then put a case in resolver. I currently have one on there as I ordered from Uber seats last weeks and I was missing an item and they refused to either refund or replace the item

I know what you mean the customer service is non existent in my opinion
Dylan_Smith13520/12/2019 20:36

I know what you mean the customer service is non existent in my opinion

The item that was missing was over £4, the restaurant was going to replace if I picked up but it 6 miles away and I don’t drive but they can’t refund as it’s Uber Eats who does it but yet they still refused
How do you know the charge isn't exactly what they say it is - an authorisation hold?
Please give it a couple of days to see what is the actual charge on the bank account. Right now, it is still under Pending.
Can someone tell me what an “ authorisation hold “ is
It’s happened to me, they charge you full but refund you back as credit, as long as you had the credit option ticked at checkout.
It looks like an authorisation hold. Check your bank statement in a few days. It happens to me sometimes especially when used Apple Pay.
Wait 3-5 days and the charge will update to the correct fee. Standard practice for some companies
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions