Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Uber Eats

Posted 21st Feb
I am a frequent user of Uber eats at the weekend last year I had a terrible meal so I complained s as he got a refund a year later I had a meal from hell I sent them pictures and their response was

we will be unable to provide a refund on this occasion. We understand that these issues do arise on occasion, but not often at this regularity. Please note that Uber monitors user activity and reserves the right to deactivate accounts found in breach our Terms of Service, which includes abuse of appeasements or refunds.

Thank you for your understanding.

This is disgusting as a company to threaten to deactivate my account for making a complaint

3410380.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Looking through your posts you seem like a serial complainer. I’d ban you
18 Comments
if they don't want the business they will struggle, use a competitor and they will either change or die, You as the buyer have more power than you know
Looking through your posts you seem like a serial complainer. I’d ban you
They can ban me, never used them, never will.
So learn to cook. That way you will only have yourself to complain about.
psychobitchfromhell21/02/2020 09:39

So learn to cook. That way you will only have yourself to complain about.

Yes I can cook but a takeaway now and then is nice
Dylan_Smith13521/02/2020 10:02

Yes I can cook but a takeaway now and then is nice

.... Or not as the case may be.
I was pretty disgusted with their customer service as well. Ordered 3 pizzas £35! From Franco Manca about 1.5 miles away. Took over an hour to be delivered and obviously they were stone cold. They simply didn’t want to know. Wasn’t really angling for a refund, the driver listed on the app turned female half way through as delivery as well. They didn’t care about that either. Obviously you pay up front so no chance of refusing delivery or arguing for new ones.

Ended up having to preheat the oven and cook myself which was not ideal at 10 at night.

Deleted the app after that but kept being tempted back with vouchers... which I caved in to. Now I do use the app but only for the free delivery promotion and I know what I’m letting myself in for. If I want food quick I’ll get it myself.
Got delivered uncooked chicken, still.very pink, wrong flavours on everything else and they refused the refund and apologized but next time it will be ok. I did get my money back through them after continually challenging them. And will never use again
Uber Eats customer service is terrible. I would recommend Just Eat their service is much better and they refund you if anything isn’t right.
They also threatened me with account closure. They spent a whole year grovelling with free delivery e-mails or ten pound off ect. Just stop using them for abit and watch the e-mails roll in
Edit : they closed my account for asking why they was threatening to close my account appalling service
I had an issue last week. They sent me a 50% off code, which I added to my order, and it didn't apply.

I raised it with them, and they refunded me the 50% within 2 hours.

No complaints here!
Dylan_Smith13521/02/2020 23:52

Edit : they closed my account for asking why they was threatening to close …Edit : they closed my account for asking why they was threatening to close my account appalling service

But did they actually close it or just say they were going to close it?
Alexandralocks22/02/2020 10:50

But did they actually close it or just say they were going to close it?

Closed it I can’t login
I take it all back. Had an issue with a 50% discount code again tonight, so did the same, placed my order, requested a refund, that was processed, job done.

Food arrived and it was wrong. Got back on to them - point blank refused to refund me for the incorrect item (totalling £2.35 after the 50% discount), using the same stock reply as in the OP.

I'm not leaving it there... It's all about the principle for me now!
miikeyblue23/02/2020 00:02

I take it all back. Had an issue with a 50% discount code again tonight, …I take it all back. Had an issue with a 50% discount code again tonight, so did the same, placed my order, requested a refund, that was processed, job done.Food arrived and it was wrong. Got back on to them - point blank refused to refund me for the incorrect item (totalling £2.35 after the 50% discount), using the same stock reply as in the OP.I'm not leaving it there... It's all about the principle for me now!

If you say you will recall the payment from your bank they are quick to respond
Dylan_Smith13523/02/2020 01:16

If you say you will recall the payment from your bank they are quick to …If you say you will recall the payment from your bank they are quick to respond

Yea, tried that. They just kept regurgitating the same rubbish. But it's fine, they'll pay up eventually, I'm sure
miikeyblue23/02/2020 01:32

Yea, tried that. They just kept regurgitating the same rubbish. But it's …Yea, tried that. They just kept regurgitating the same rubbish. But it's fine, they'll pay up eventually, I'm sure

I wouldn't hold my breath. My order had something missing reported it on app "they are investigating"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants