Uber Eats contactless delivery

Posted 20th Mar
I ordered a Friday night takeaway with Uber Eats, the driver just knocked on the door and handed the food over as normal even though I chose the leave on doorstep contactless delivery in the app

Has anyone else here had that happen to them as well?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

14 Comments
Same here 🙈
Uber, responsible employer?
davewave20/03/2020 19:23

Uber, responsible employer?

They don't 'employ' drivers anyway.
Edited by: "jamie15" 20th Mar
Same with me. Put the bag down. Knock door and stood next to it. I told him don't you understand leave it at the door. Then go. I dont want to see you.
B0ne520/03/2020 20:13

Same with me. Put the bag down. Knock door and stood next to it. I told …Same with me. Put the bag down. Knock door and stood next to it. I told him don't you understand leave it at the door. Then go. I dont want to see you.

I get nervous so didn't say anything about the person handing me the food as usual, didn't want to cause an argument with him. I get that the delivery drivers are put under a lot of pressure but how hard is it to read a delivery note?
andrewworrall120/03/2020 19:22

[Image] Reported it in the app, just got a generic response

Starting today, we will be waiving delivery fees until at least 31 March on orders from over 15,000 restaurants. We’ve also streamlined our delivery fees, so when you order from one of the many restaurants included in this initiative, you will just see one delivery fee of £0 at checkout. You’ll also be able to see “£0 delivery fee” shown for the selected restaurants when you browse in the app.

New “Leave at Door” delivery option

We understand that you may be relying more on food delivery right now. We have made it easier for you to request for your delivery to be contactless, meaning your courier will leave your order at the door*.

Take care, and we'll keep you informed of any developments.
B0ne520/03/2020 22:55

Starting today, we will be waiving delivery fees until at least 31 March …Starting today, we will be waiving delivery fees until at least 31 March on orders from over 15,000 restaurants. We’ve also streamlined our delivery fees, so when you order from one of the many restaurants included in this initiative, you will just see one delivery fee of £0 at checkout. You’ll also be able to see “£0 delivery fee” shown for the selected restaurants when you browse in the app.New “Leave at Door” delivery optionWe understand that you may be relying more on food delivery right now. We have made it easier for you to request for your delivery to be contactless, meaning your courier will leave your order at the door*.Take care, and we'll keep you informed of any developments.

Yep, so the delivery driver should've followed that leave at door instruction that started "today" and was showing in the app when I ordered...
andrewworrall120/03/2020 22:57

Yep, so the delivery driver should've followed that leave at door …Yep, so the delivery driver should've followed that leave at door instruction that started "today" and was showing in the app when I ordered...

Yeah but they dont seem to understand. Leave it at the door then do one.
B0ne520/03/2020 23:00

Yeah but they dont seem to understand. Leave it at the door then do one.

Exactly. I don't get why it says "Pick up within 30 minutes" though. Is the delivery driver going to wait that long? Of course not...
andrewworrall120/03/2020 23:03

Exactly. I don't get why it says "Pick up within 30 minutes" though. Is …Exactly. I don't get why it says "Pick up within 30 minutes" though. Is the delivery driver going to wait that long? Of course not...

Maybe we need to phone the person dropping the food off and ask him if the food is by the door and his as left.
B0ne520/03/2020 23:09

Maybe we need to phone the person dropping the food off and ask him if the …Maybe we need to phone the person dropping the food off and ask him if the food is by the door and his as left.

We could do but definitely shouldn't need to
andrewworrall120/03/2020 23:10

We could do but definitely shouldn't need to

We're sorry to hear that your delivery partner didn't deliver to your door. Uber Eats has certain quality standards that we hope delivery partners adhere to, and we understand that your expectation wasn't met on this occasion.

Rest assured, we review this type of feedback regularly and take appropriate action to ensure we are continuously improving and providing a high-quality service to customers like you

The reply I got from ubereats.
B0ne521/03/2020 12:13

We're sorry to hear that your delivery partner didn't deliver to your …We're sorry to hear that your delivery partner didn't deliver to your door. Uber Eats has certain quality standards that we hope delivery partners adhere to, and we understand that your expectation wasn't met on this occasion.Rest assured, we review this type of feedback regularly and take appropriate action to ensure we are continuously improving and providing a high-quality service to customers like youThe reply I got from ubereats.

Same. Just a generic copy and paste response
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants