Uber Eats- McDonald's Help

Posted 25th Dec 2018
Hiya,
I have placed multiple orders using Uber Eats for McDonald's. A lot of the time the food hasn't been great but not too bad. The last 3 times have been consistently bad. The last time I checked the food temperature with a food thermometer immediately after delivery and the cheese burgers were 50.9c, the chicken wrap was 51.2c and the fries were 43.6c. I sent the photos off to Uber Eats as they refused to refund me previously, and they're still refusing a refund blaming it on McDonald's.
I had already rang McDonald's and they said it was Uber Eats delivery drivers fault as they get the food ready when the driver states they're 5 minutes away and then they take a lot longer. On this occasion, the driver took nearly 12 minutes delivering the food- for a 5 minute car journey (I'm agoraphobic before you ask why I don't get it.) The rating for this driver was 72% and I had had him previously and he was equally as bad then. He's noted down as having a bicycle but has a car. Each time has been reported to Uber Eats and is still working for them.
Is there anything I can do to receive a refund for the food that was inedible? The order before this, McDonald's had made the burger 30 minutes before it left the restaurant, as mine are made to order it showed the time on there.
TIA.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Sounds like your just after a freebie tbh. Best thing is don’t use ubereats and mcdonalds?
18 Comments
Sounds like your just after a freebie tbh. Best thing is don’t use ubereats and mcdonalds?
It's McDonald's. It is uniformly awful regardless of how not or cold it is. Have you considered getting an order of groceries from the supermarket and cooking it yourself? It will be hotter, fresher and get to you quicker. Fair chance it will be cheaper too.
deleted238866
Really?
Sorry, but you've been here 6 months, and all you've meaningfully contibuted is a moan about second-rate food being delivered by a forth-rate deivery company.
Merry Christmas and all that, but for gawd's sake.
When i order food from a takeaway for the first time and it isn’t nice, i may give them another chance but after the 2nd time there is no way i would order a 3rd time to be disappointed.
It's Uber eats as they will most likely have other people to deliver to which means your food will be not so hot.
me: the foods not great
me: the food is inedible
me: maybe next time will be different
The fast food isn't fast enough
He took nearly 12 minutes!! For a 5 minute journey. Those must have been a tense 7 minutes lol.
Honestly, just ring a local cab company and ask them to do a collection for you. They’ll order through the drive through and it’ll be hotter. Uber eats is abysmal for any kind of food delivery in my experience of using them. (Not McDonald’s)
I would just microwave the food to be honest. I don't get why people say cold food is inedible or throw it away when it can be warmed up without much difference.
It's bound to get cold quick if it has to be delivered and personally when I go and buy it and take it home I reheat it in the microwave as it gets cold by the time I get home (I bring it back for my partner so that's why I don't eat it there and then). No one dies.

You definitely should complain about the driver taking ages but the food is not gonna be inedible just because it gets a bit cold.
Even when you order food from the counter and eat in the food isn't hot. So I don't know what you're expecting (apart from a freebie).
First of all- I've ordered from them quite a lot and have had many great orders, which is why these last 3 I'm unhappy about.
Second- I'm not after a freebie, if you've ordered something and it's not up to scratch, then you expect either a replacement or refund. I don't care which, but when I order hot food, I expect it to be delivered close to hot.
Third- I had forgotten I'd even made this account, I use HUKD often but I don't have the time or energy to find deals etc. But as far as I'm aware, it's not compulsory to find them if you want to ask for help.
Fourth- I don't want to reheat the food in case I get food poisoning. And fries don't reheat well at all.
Like I said, I don't expect it to be piping hot but this was the kind of temperature that had been left out for a while. And the driver taking that long indicates that he's delivering several orders at the same time, when I've paid £3.50 delivery fee, I expect him to deliver just mine.
Smellycat20094 h, 4 m ago

First of all- I've ordered from them quite a lot and have had many great …First of all- I've ordered from them quite a lot and have had many great orders, which is why these last 3 I'm unhappy about. Second- I'm not after a freebie, if you've ordered something and it's not up to scratch, then you expect either a replacement or refund. I don't care which, but when I order hot food, I expect it to be delivered close to hot. Third- I had forgotten I'd even made this account, I use HUKD often but I don't have the time or energy to find deals etc. But as far as I'm aware, it's not compulsory to find them if you want to ask for help. Fourth- I don't want to reheat the food in case I get food poisoning. And fries don't reheat well at all. Like I said, I don't expect it to be piping hot but this was the kind of temperature that had been left out for a while. And the driver taking that long indicates that he's delivering several orders at the same time, when I've paid £3.50 delivery fee, I expect him to deliver just mine.

You don't get food poisoning doing something like that lol. Many people do it routinely including me. We have survived fine.

And you can reheat fries in the oven for a minute then. They don't get floppy. They seem just fine in the microwave to me but an oven would be even better.

If you get food that's a little cold you throw it away then? That's just wasteful and silly.

I'm not saying you're not right in complaining but once you receive cold food you can still eat it, you know... Throwing it away is silly. At that point you can't do much else but to reheat it.

I'd ask for a compensation yes since it's happened for more than one time but still eat the food. At the end of the day it's not spoilt food. Just cold. Easily remedied.
Edited by: "hearts22" 26th Dec 2018
Smellycat200926/12/2018 03:52

when I've paid £3.50 delivery fee, I expect him to deliver just mine.

SteMoss1 h, 54 m ago

I laughed at this too!

They just have no idea how delivery driving works
I understand how delivery companies work, but with a takeaway company you either receive free delivery or pay a low fee and receive the food still very warm. I know it’s not the same as the experience in a restaurant and I don’t expect that, but there’s a level of quality that I do expect. The food had been sat out for over half an hour and it was very obvious that it had.

I know that not many people like McDonald’s, or think of it as rubbish food, but it’s my chosen treat. I expect it to be delivered very warm,just like you expect your frozen food delivery from Sainsbury’s to be delivered frozen as you’re paying for that. If it was delivered defrosted, you would complain and expect a replacement or refund- which is what I’m expecting. I don’t care which, I just wanted the problem rectified. I rang McDonald’s at first and they passed the buck to Uber Eats. The man on the phone didn’t want to know about my issue and had a small rant about UE. So I provided the photos to Uber Eats, expecting them to take me seriously now they had photos, but they still didn’t.

I know that many users on here can be sarcastic but if you had received a poor service from somewhere, you would want it sorted. That’s why there’s the sales of good Act and distance selling regulations- to protect the consumer. I am asking for help on here as I know that there are some amazing people with a lot of knowledge on these things.

Thank you hearts22 for your comments, I am iffy with reheating food as I worry about food poisoning. I had a bad experience with a Burger King in my teens!
If you deal with Sainsburys it's Sainsburys that deliver it so they are responsible. If you deal with McDonalds and Uber eats then that's two companies that will just play one off the other.

However this plays out you're onto a loser here. If you annoy either company enough they will just ruin your food anyway and blame the other company.

I think you'll have to find something else as your favourite food which is probably something you don't want to hear.

Only certain products are iffy when reheated. I'm a veggie and for me it's stuff like rice and beansprouts that can be dangerous. If your burger contains meat then that could be a no no for reheating and definately a no no for chicken.

Fries i would have thought would be nice reheated. I reheat chips from the chip shop the next day in a frying pan and i'm fine.

At best you could try again in the summer as food won't get cold as quickly.

I do think you have a point that when you buy something you should get what you pay for but i just don't see you winning this one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants